The sup' is gonna nickle and dime me to death

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Ok, so I just finished the engine swap on my car right. I havent put any of the turbo components that I have sitting in my living room on the car yet, because i wanted to shake down this new motor first to make sure everything worked smoothly and it was reliable before I started making boost. Well long story short, this damn car is going to nickle and dime me to death. Ive had the car on the road for a wk so far and Ive had to replace the thermostat and the heater bypass hose. Well I found out yesterday that my alternator is on its way out and last night i got on the car a bit and the gasket that seals the T-housing to the head just took a shit on me. It wouldnt be so bad if toyota had some of these parts in stock, but they always have to just order whatever it is and I have to wait two to three days before they get it in. Is this normal when it comes to getting parts from toyota for these vehicles? I dont know, maybe im just used to the convenience of getting parts from a dealer the same day and being able to fix it right then and there. I love my car dearly and cant wait until the day that i can drive it daily w/o so many issues. Hell if I were able to drive it for a wk straight w/o something taking a dump id be happy at the moment. Oh well I guess its just a labor of love. I knew that I would have issues with it being a new motor and all, especially since this was my first swap ever in life, but Im hoping that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Any thoughts?

T

The Weather Man

Well, look at it this way,

Everythign may be breaking now, but after you fix it, that one less thing that will break in the future!

T

The Weather Man

kevinbonds said:
everytime I replace something I think ok well that covers just about everything, until the next thing breaks.

You know youve got it bad when you know how untrue the first part of that statement is:icon_bigg