The Small Questions Thread

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Hey everyone quick question.

Motor is out of the car right now. Looking it over and I don't see why I would need to take the head off, but I read somewhere the head needs to come off to do it. Do I have to take the head off to pull the lower timing cover?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
To pull the rear timing cover yes the head has to come off as it's a sealing surface for the head gasket.

Besides if the motor is already out might as well change the hg while it's easy.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Ahh.. Well you see I have already done the top end all the way. New gaskets everywhere. I spun a bearing, that is why I have the motor out again. So pretty much I have to take the head off to get the crank out :/

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Grandavi;1990576 said:
Mine looks similar..
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...algary-build&p=1747610&viewfull=1#post1747610
(bottom of post 3 on my build thread)

your hood stops still attached? Cant see them because they are to the left and right (outside of what you shot for the photo).

I like your intake pipe setup.

Thanks just bought a universal pipe and cut it for the right lenth and angle. I do altho the rubber is starting to look warn so maybe time to replace them. It wasnt rubbing on the stock at all not sure if its cuz this rad is more square than stock? its just a little rubbing on the passanger side corner and very front of rad cap so not stressing it I could only tell because it left marks from the black insulation on the hood.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes. You shim the pump pop off valve for higher pressure. Also have to shim the oil cooler relief valve if your using stock oil cooler.

IAmBoosting

Dec 26, 2013
Work
Is there like pictures or a thread of someone does this? I'm not familar with the oil pumps and don't want to acidentally shim the wrong thing and throw a bearing.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
There's a big bolt on top of the oil pump cover that you remove. There's a spring and a piston inside. Put 5mm of washers inside, I put mine inside the bolt (it's hollow) and then reassemble.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
quick question. today ill change shocks and springs all the corners. rear - easy front is a bit pain in the a..... can i remove upper control arm bolt to have access to fron shocks easier? last time i changed them was.... dont want to remember :D so how do i do that?

Last edited:

jsupra9

Feb 27, 2014
California
Another question.
I have the 7mgte stock ct26 and about to run a 3" dp. Resonator. Muffler. But I cant find a 3" high flow cat. I live in California dont want the test pipe. there's too many cops that's why. Please help.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Have you tried wd40 and pull off by hand? If it wont come off you can tap the two holes and use a puller. Can't remember if it takes a 6 x1.0 or 8x 1.25 tap.

Do not pry on gear and damage the front ring!!!!

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Well, it's slides back and forth pretty easily on the ridge it is on. But I feel as if it is not getting past the second raised ridge. (Where the crank pulley goes)

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
They should be tapped from the factory... Although I was dealing with a 1990 engine, so idk on the older engines.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Was any kind of chin spoiler stock on a 1989 Supra NA Sport Roof, with TEMS and LSD? The car I have came with some kind of mangled piece of metal bolted on the bottom of the plastic bumpercover/valance.