The Shed Is Locked. WTF Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He's probably having to handle thing in the real world. He'll come back when he's got everything taken care of.

He doesn't need everyone on here sending him pm's asking him what's wrong either. Respect his privacy and he'll fill us in later on what has happened........if he feels it's any of our business.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ian said:
Giving some serious thought to parting out this car as such this thread is done, I'll update when/if the decision is made.

I dunno how much clearer he could get...He is prolly tired of playing with old toys, and wants to mess with a lambo or Ferrari by now. Don't worry Ian won't leave SM...he loves us to much LOL.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He loves YOU tooo much. He can't hardly stand me, but I seem to have that effect on people and I've grown used to it.
He can't be that right in the head if he was trying to put a chevrolet motor into a toyota though.......:biglaugh:

At least Duane stopped at the transmission........who would have thought Duane was the smart one of the two?

Muzy

Oct 3, 2008
Alberta
Yea, deff. would not PM. But thought I would post the question. I have not been to active. But he still feels like family.
Yea I gusse he will let us know whats up when he gets around to it. muzy

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I kinda figured something like this was on Ian mind, since he hasn't been saying much. And as much as I would hate to see him give up on his project, in the end it's just a car. If it's just causing frustration, and he is getting no joy from it, it makes little sense to keep pushing at it. He has preformed a lot of customization to the vehicle that nobody has ever done. As such there is a mountain of engineering issues that are going to come up, small things that affect other things, that affect bigger things. When you tackle as many things at once as Ian has you can become overwhelmed quickly. That said I have full confidence that he can solve the problems he will come up against, and would love to see him do so. But Ian will have to decide if it is worth it to him to deal with all the frustration, time, and money that it is going to require to see this through.

Take note of all the little things he has run into, and consider that car manufactures go through this every time they bring a new car out. They have teams of individuals to accomplish this, and it can still take a tremendous amount of time. The LF-A has been in development for the better part of a decade. Ian is only one man, and he has changed, modified, or upgraded a good 75 to 80% of that car. It's no wonder he's a having a little motivation issue right now.

Ian you have my full support whatever it is you decide to do.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Thanks for the support guys, I will keep people informed if and when anything is decided on.

If I do continue the build it's going to be behind closed doors and much less public, sorry about that but that's the way it needs to be.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
You grumpy old man you, you need to visit flash chat more often. us crazies might make ya laugh a bit :p

And... do what needs to be done, Ian. It's your car :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Moy;1480959 said:
You grumpy old man you, you need to visit flash chat more often. us crazies might make ya laugh a bit :p

And... do what needs to be done, Ian. It's your car :)
Think I'll pass on that thanks for the invite though!

SupraMario;1480964 said:
Fuck the hatters ian...
You don't like Hats?? ;)
-------------
If I do part the car and leave I will make my reasons 100% clear, if not and I go forward with the project I'll keep my mouth shut, just needs to be this way sorry!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
IJ.;1480976 said:
Think I'll pass on that thanks for the invite though!

You don't like Hats?? ;)
-------------
If I do part the car and leave I will make my reasons 100% clear, if not and I go forward with the project I'll keep my mouth shut, just needs to be this way sorry!

haters? awe shit...firefox said I spelled it wrong LOL

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Well I heard he was lyin' in a den in Bombay. With a slack jaw, and not much to say. He said to a man, "Are you trying to tempt me? Because I come from the land of plenty?"

Status
Not open for further replies.