The Sacrifice

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
Hello my name is Andy and am 30 years old and have worked on cars forever. About a year ago I picked up this 88 mk3 n/a for a couple hundred bucks, and as the title says I had to sacrifice another mk3 to make this one complete, R.I.P. Anyway I have already had to rebuild the motor due to blown rings. I saved this car from the clutches of a kid who tried to make it look like a movie extra in the fast and the bi-curious. So needless to say I have alot of work to do and will be doing a build thread very soon. Well I'm glad to finally be apart of the family. Thanks for listening. Oh I almost forgot here are some pics of the work in progress. cars 034.JPG

cars 042.JPG

cars 053.JPG

cars 057.JPG

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to Supramania Andy. Good luck with your project and I'll be looking for the build thread.

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
Thanx bro, out of all the cars I have worked on this by far the easiest car I've ever worked on, I love it. I will definitely be putting a 2jz engine in the car. Just not sure on how I want to set it up. Any suggestions?

HIGHSPEEDDIRT

something in the way
Nov 5, 2008
eat a bullet,AR
Well since I have an n/a and I'm going to swap for turbo I might as well go with the 2jz. The cost is actually not that different between the 7m-gte,the 1jz,and the 2jz when you are starting from the bottom. The car is actually painted i n that color right now which is a bright exotic blue metallic. I might change it though, because the whole interior is thrashed. The intake was on the engine when I bought it and reused it when I rebuilt the engine. It works really well. This car needs so much work so when I start a build thread the first stage will be complete suspension overhaul, brakes , rotors, wheels you name it.:icon_bigg