the red dragon revival

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
hey i have had my 89 turbo targa top for about two years and have always wanted to go 1j and recently i did :naughty: ive got a list of mod's that will fallow after i ride it stock for a bit sence its been a long time seance i drove it but my hp goals are at 500hp i already have over sized brakes and some suspension mod's like 57mm sway bars with stock tem's its an auto but it never let me down light to light hehehehe im posting pics as i go so you will see bits as soon as i get time to post it upjalopie 011..JPGjalopie 011..JPG000_2928..jpg000_2921..jpggf 023..JPG

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
well first of all the 1jz that im dorping in has no issues but my 7mgte had a bad rod bearing so thats why i put the 1jzgte in it and the rims are 20" wks with 180mph tires on them and they dont rub on turning the wheel or any thing although i plan on going back to a 17" mkiv turbo wheel or some bronze xxr 18" rims as far as the car sits now its still the stock 1jz but i plan on doing a single turbo kit and some usdm 550cc injectors that will slide right into the stock fuel rail and i plan on going to a piggy back ems with a mines ecu along with true dual blitz nur spec r exhaust 3" all the way back and drop it on some coilovers

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
alrighty then its almost done here in about a week i will start it up for the first time in almost 6 months with a brand new 1j in it ill post up the video :icon_bigg

Attachments

• 036..jpg
    036..jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 034..jpg
    034..jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 035..jpg
    035..jpg
    98 KB · Views: 20
  • 033..jpg
    033..jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 21

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
hey just updating and listing off parts and such ok so far for the 1j i have a driftmotion water pump kit a driftmotion pulley kit..... top secret jdm intercooler i think thats the brand i have hks titainum exhaust and i had a rear sump oil pan and a 3' down pipe i also had all internals on the motor cleaned

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
ok so i ended up having to put a 2jz fan clutch in as well that will be installed today as long as fedex gets her when they say hahaha then its off to a sleepy eye kit and 4 point harness seat belts and then i half to get a new passenger see or try and find parts for my old one after that im going to drop it on coilovers and get the 20" rims off it and get some flat black xxr 522's

Mkiii supra

Apr 16, 2010
Salem Oregon
Looking great! you are doing stuff at a much faster rate than I am... must be nice :) I am 4 years into a very slow moving project. ohh well, I hope you get things running soon, it will be great to see it at the Oregon City Meet.

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
update its been a slow build but it has all payed off i turned it over for the first time last wensday and it runs and idles perfect no smoke or ticks or knocks of any kind now i just have little things to do before she will be taring up the streets of gladstone again... intercooling pipes will be put on along with power steering resivor and looming up the wire harness also i had to send in my ecu to DM for capasitor replacment after i test drive it and make sure it shifts up and down like it should i need to deq it

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
well the time has come to update the thred its finaly done after many bumps in the road and a lot of money lol its back on the road right in time for oregon rain... its been so long since i have drove my supra im actually nervous about the first drive cant wait to go to a local car meet and see other supras

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
thanks man it was alot of work but after driving it totally worth the wait it has every factory option hooked up and working so that was alot of the extra time that and the custom throttle cable i had made thank to the mkiv supra cable not working