The people's car - SupraMania.com 7m build

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
I should be getting new suspension semi soon, and i have good condition stockers, if you want me to send em your way im more than happy!

Also, if you have any use for valve covers, or a non-turbo manifolds or injectors or anything, ive got everything of a non-turbo engine with your name on it :)

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
so I got to go check out the car today and I can verify that it is a real car. I even started it and drove it for a second. Needs some work but it's a solid base for a drag car. The car is LOW. The slicks on the back are actually tucked into the quarter panels. The front springs have 0 play. When you push on the fenders the tires give before the springs do. I'm really stoked for this build and with Rich behind it, I know it'll be fast......very very fast. If he can get his 89 turbo auto with a STOCK ct-26 to run 12's (11's on the bottle) then this build should be amazing. Stay tuned!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
John - Just waiting right now for parts to show up. I purchased a few gaskets. One set is for the wastegate you sent me. I will be picking up a battery box and a few maintinence items this weekend. Bryan (billpreston) may stop back over this weekend and we will get the crank pully fixed, tune-up, misc. fix-ups under the hood, cooling fan, and some other issues to work out. Then I can see a trip to the drag strip to give her a shake down to see how everything is. We don't want to do a temp build on the existing motor untill we see that it is in fair shape. Maybe we can set a date for a drag meet to test this car out at. Maybe a saturday soon at thompson dragway, it is about a 2.5hr drive for you.

On a personal note, I was just over your way doing a job off 51 in baldwin.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
suprarich said:
John - Just waiting right now for parts to show up. I purchased a few gaskets. One set is for the wastegate you sent me. I will be picking up a battery box and a few maintinence items this weekend. Bryan (billpreston) may stop back over this weekend and we will get the crank pully fixed, tune-up, misc. fix-ups under the hood, cooling fan, and some other issues to work out. Then I can see a trip to the drag strip to give her a shake down to see how everything is. We don't want to do a temp build on the existing motor untill we see that it is in fair shape. Maybe we can set a date for a drag meet to test this car out at. Maybe a saturday soon at thompson dragway, it is about a 2.5hr drive for you.

On a personal note, I was just over your way doing a job off 51 in baldwin.
I know where baldwin is ive done a lot of work down that way.:icon_razz

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
Rich - I think I'll be heading down there mid-day is saturday just to help Aimee pack some stuff and then I'll probably be leaving at a decent time sunday. Just depends on how things go. I'm in the middle of 2 4G-63T swaps at the moment and both have to be done by thursday...ouch.
Regardless I'll bring that crank pulley over and that tc I've got laying around and drop them off. Maybe I'll have a couple hours to spare. We shall see.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
billspreston01 dropped off a crank pully, so now I can put the pully on, mount a battery, change the plugs and wires, finish mounting the downpipe, change the water pump, and then take it to the track for a sake down. I got the gaskets in for the wastegate that suprhooked sent. So providing that the motor checks out at the dragstrip, I will find a turbo to mount on the hks manifold that I purchased from suprahooked earlier. Get some bigger injectors and some fuel and then hit the track again.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Made some progress so far. I pulled the radiator, changed out the water pump and then pulled the crank pully. The old pully had so much wear that the taper was missing, and it mic-ed out .025 bigger than the crank. I have no idea how this thing was still on the motor. The bolt looked new, the key was undamaged, yet the pully was a mess. I then began to pull out the power steering and the air conditioner system. Maybe get to somemore tonight

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Im glad your still commiting to this, it takes alot for that. Im sure everyone on here appreciates what your doing. i will help as soon as i can.

goodluck

-saif

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Have not posted on this project in a little while. I has been slow going to say the least. I may have to just hurry it along some more with some more of my own funding. Picked up a battery box and battery. just need to get some cables now. I will be looking into an electric fan and a few other items on Sunday. We may be getting a SC61 t-4 from Precision donated to the car. Not 100% certain on that right now, but I will keep my fingers crosssed. After I get the battery in and a few other items, I will get some more pics up.