The New Supra?????

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
not sure I like it, I assume thats a concept and it will likely look rather differnt when it reaches dealers?

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
I sure hope it doesnt look like that second one, that one sucks! But whichever style they end up using, it will be nice to hear the name Supra in tv commercials again...

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Toyota Supra...NOT A V8. It is indeed a -Beautiful- car, Although, it is not a Supra. If it's not an Inline 6 RWD (Twin)Turbo...It's not a Supra. That's all there is to it. I hate how car companies are wanting to make these wild ass cars and slap badges on them(Such as the Skyline going with a G35 shell, AWD and TT). Terrible. I hate it. Not to mention, It will just make our MK3's just that much more out of date and rolling off the page as MKIV's will be looked upon as a "classic". I dont want that day to come.

Toyota Supra. R.I.P 1979-1999(99 in Japan). And I dont want to see it come back!:icon_evil

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Jspec7m88 said:
Toyota Supra...NOT A V8. It is indeed a -Beautiful- car, Although, it is not a Supra. If it's not an Inline 6 RWD (Twin)Turbo...It's not a Supra. That's all there is to it. I hate how car companies are wanting to make these wild ass cars and slap badges on them(Such as the Skyline going with a G35 shell, AWD and TT). Terrible. I hate it. Not to mention, It will just make our MK3's just that much more out of date and rolling off the page as MKIV's will be looked upon as a "classic". I dont want that day to come.

Toyota Supra. R.I.P 1979-1999(99 in Japan). And I dont want to see it come back!:icon_evil
technically it was 2002 when they killed the supra.

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
I see what you are saying, and I respect your opinion, I just personally dont agree. I would love to see the Supra name brought back to life, and I dont think that it would change peoples opinions of the mk3, but even if it did, who cares! I own the mk3 because I like it, and I dont really care what other people think.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Yeah, I've already participated in one of these discussions...Just saw it and thought I would throw in my .02 again:)

Yeah, everyone has their own opinion, nothing wrong with that. I just don't want to see that car badged as a Supra as a V8. Here, let me give in a "little bit"...If that same car were like a 3JZGTE:) 3.0L Inline 6 Twin Turbo(lol, creative)...then It would be great. But that car as a V8...I would prefer to see that as like a new Lexus or something. Oh well.

Lurch

You rang?
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxvegas
johnathan1 said:
hmm, 5.0 V8? Why don;t they just call it a mustang and get it over with? I think it looks way too much like a honda s2000...

Those little "humps" behind the headrests in the decklid area look lifted straight off the Pontiac Solstice. Just an observation.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
A Supra V8? Why the hell not? If I was a wealthy sheik's son,i'd have the V8 from the Tacoma stuffed in there! Too bad none of us will be able to afford it...

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
I saw some one turbo an sc400 a 2004 or 5 twin turbo'd it ran 10psi and made somthing in the range of 600 hp....car had a wide body kit on it no body kit just widend the fendrs and kept it all white looked sick as hell..now put that in the mk5 concept

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
5.0 v8 supra don't like it

stright 6 is the best but i whould ahve liked to see 3.5 or 4 liter turbo vertion

reson being it's all wasy bena i6 since it was made

but if they make this 5.0 v 8 liek what teh j serires this motor will push some pony's and rev and hope to god it rev's caise if ti don't that will suck even more

toyota in on thin ice this chould make or break the supra

then what does toyota have? there truck line up is poo

they make great rental cars that are good on gas and over priced

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I never ever bought a Supra becuase it has an inline 6. I bought it becuase of the final package, not how they got there. I take it many of you have never driven or ridden in a newer (97+) V6 Camry or Avalon, and seen what a smooth engine can be with balance shafts, sequential injection, time and refinement.

I dont think it will happen. If it does, I will mortgage my ass right down to my underwear to have a V8 Supra. The real ultimate machine.