The new funky_monkey58 build thread sleeper style?

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Well I was banned for awhile for being an idiot, I have since matured a bit and am back with a strong running 7M.

The current specs are.

7MGTE
ROSS pistons that I had teflon coated
Eagle Rods
Zero balanced rotating assembly
-8AN oil feed line
10MM shim in oil pump
.00235" clearance on the bearings
.006" piston clearance
.017" top ring gap
.022" middle ring gap
Clevitte 77 bearings
All new OEM toyota seals
Hand Ported Head
COMP BBC springs
Stock Cams
Stock Valves
Custom hand built FFIM
Custom Hand built T4 exhaust manifold
Q45 throttle body
Ford 1600CC injectors
Custom machined -10AN Fuel rail
Custom crank case vent -12AN
Custom wire harness
44MM wastegate
Custom COMP Turbo 74MM compressor wheel MX trim exhaust wheel .81AR exhaust Ceramic ball bearing with an aluminum center section
Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator
AEM EMS sequential injection and multiplex delete using a DH61 ignitor
Stock Coils
NGK spark plugs and wires Copper plugs FTW!
E85 fuel
HKS 2.0mm stopper on use #4!
ARP Head studs
Clutchmasters stage V clutch 4 puck unsprung with a 3200lb pressure plate
Plus lots of other little things here and there.
I run 20W50 oil I don't care about the argument of thin oil being better for startup this isn't a toyota corolla and I run it hard. Thin oil kills engines as does the new blend of mobil 1 synthetic. I have seen it happen on the dyno and pulled apart an engine that failed due to the new mobil 1 blend. (low hp applications need not apply)
I currently DAILY DRIVE this setup and have had no issues with it what soever once I had it setup.

I personally tune this car, and built the engine, and supporting mods with exception of the exhaust manifold as I got a great deal on it.
I have not yet hit the dyno with the car to tune it to it's full potential because of financial inadequacies in my tight 22yr old college student budget. I will be dyno tuning it in a couple weeks though as I am renting a dyno and hosting a dyno day.
At the track I ran a 12.7 at 125.85 mph with a terrible 2.4 60ft due to my old street tires not gripping at all on 24psi of boost.
I run the 24psi of boost daily and have turned it up to 30psi to make sure my afrs are good to that point.
The car is an absolute blast to drive the way it is setup right now, I can break the tires loose going straight at pretty much any speed right now, which I think is a good indicator of needing better rubbers :cry: (more money).

Well there you have a basic run down of my setup so here are some pics and a couple of videos.
p1588584_1.jpg

p1588584_2.jpg

p1588584_3.jpg

p1588584_4.jpg

p1588584_5.jpg

p1588584_6.jpg

p1588584_7.jpg

p1588584_8.jpg

p1588584_9.jpg

my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/seansmk3supra
The plans for the car are now, replace my front brake rotors with something that isn't completely screwed from countless 150mph to 50mph slow down runs, and then some better tires for the back, then dyno day.

This winter I am likely going to part out all my 7M stuff and build an LQ4 with a forged rotating assembly and some CNC ported heads with fuel and turbo to support 1000rwhp on pump gas and 1200-1500hp on E85.
In the end I want a car I can just go out to turn the key and have a monster that I can really abuse at the track and drive it home.

-Sean

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
The cars a turd. The set up is a gem. Now that we have had some success on figuring out why my boost wasn't coming on, I predict a race in the future. Glad your back on here Sean, you have a lot to offer the not so mechanically gifted. With tires, brakes and a tune, this car will do 10's.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
leecheater;1588599 said:
The cars a turd. The set up is a gem. Now that we have had some success on figuring out why my boost wasn't coming on, I predict a race in the future. Glad your back on here Sean, you have a lot to offer the not so mechanically gifted. With tires, brakes and a tune, this car will do 10's.

Yes, when I lean it out on the dyno my prediction is I will pick up an instant 5-8mph on the same boost, my wot full boost afr is 6:1 which is a good indicator as to why I burn through so much fuel, when I tune it on the dyno I will shoot for a 7.5:1 AFR. or in gasoline terms I am running about 10:1 afr under boost now and will be running around 12:1 when I tune it on the dyno.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Hi Sean- glad to see you about again!

Now post a picture of your tortured brakes for everyone to enjoy...after you replace them, of course! We can also do some comparative videos too!

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
funky_monkey58;1588611 said:
Yes, when I lean it out on the dyno my prediction is I will pick up an instant 5-8mph on the same boost, my wot full boost afr is 6:1 which is a good indicator as to why I burn through so much fuel, when I tune it on the dyno I will shoot for a 7.5:1 AFR. or in gasoline terms I am running about 10:1 afr under boost now and will be running around 12:1 when I tune it on the dyno.

Sick setup.
How do you monitor your AFR?
What kind of fuel pump setup are you using for the E85?

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
mkiiichip;1588618 said:
Sick setup.
How do you monitor your AFR?
What kind of fuel pump setup are you using for the E85?
I have a powerdex afx wideband with a digital display and I have it wired into the aem ems and calibrated so I can log my AFRs.

Right now I am running an A1000 pump and so far it has been supplying the fuel just fine.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
when you part this setup... remember me! i will be ready for the motor setup. looking good ans glad to see you back here

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
leecheater;1588765 said:
Funky getting ready to spank another Honda

p1588792_1.jpg
after a hard night at the track
Lucky I was even awake that day to race!
nick88;1588785 said:
You're missing a exhaust manifold stud...

Yeah if you notice I was missing cooling lines on my turbo when that pic was taken also. :aigo:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
sWell since I have work for a couple of weeks here I will be able to do a few things that I have been needing to do.

1: New brake rotors and pads for the front
2: New tires for the rear 275/40R17 thinking cheap on these
3: Some 15" Drag rims to fit the slicks on
4: Dyno time to get the tune 100%
5: Test and tune track day

If any of the local guys are interested in dyno testing or tuning their cars let me know, I am renting the dyno for 4 hours and each additional hour is cheap after that.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Suprafied;1589052 said:
I see you made that front facing intake manifold, do you make them or did you basically just make your own??

Once in a great while I will make one here and there, but I haven't had a shop for awhile so I have really slowed down on making anything.