The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Yeah, Did a Honda trans once we made some SST's as well.. I have a spare A340 Im going to tear into for the hell of it and see what I will need to do it. My old NA trans that slipped, still in the back yard :p

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Just got done tearing my 4L60E down, compared to a 340 it's like it's missing half the parts...

Still a 4 speed Trans just not sure where the rest of it is, I had to make a spring compressor to remove the low/reverse piston, much the same as I made for the 340, damn simple to make compared to the SST prices.

First time you strip a 340 down to a bare case it's VERY daunting as there's just so much crammed in there! :aigo:

One "trick" I can share is bend up some 3mm stainless wire into a staple/horseshoe shape then compress the big ass circlip in a vice, insert the staple to hold it compressed, drop it into place and pull the staple!

DAMN sight easier than trying to use pliars in there!
(You'll know which one I mean when you pull it down, one is thin flat strap and you can compress it with your fingers the other is a MFker)

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Thanks for the tip IJ, Ill definitely keep it in mind when doing it.

On a side note, I love my job. Here are some previews of some of the other projects I've been working on. You'll like this IJ :)

[video=youtube;Hp0T6movqps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp0T6movqps[/video]

[video=youtube;yVMQ46dzDkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVMQ46dzDkA[/video]

Donnie

Mar 27, 2009
Chicago
Subscribed- And in for new times this season.

I must say, it's been a long while since I've followed your shenanigans... I'm damn impressed with the 31 pages I just read through, keep it up!

doonsuka

May 27, 2011
AZ
Dude I about came when Steven showed me this yesterday at his work. I believe I'm going GM. That shit looks fun.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Devin LeBlanc;1806630 said:
One of the good things about blow through, I am not running an idle air control valve either.

[video=youtube;tMaa5rxy8gI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMaa5rxy8gI[video]

Your gauges look really good with that white/blueish tint.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Not much of an update, Went to the track on friday. Did one run 12.3 @ 120 with a 2.2 60ft, Pulled around to the staging lanes and grabbed the laptop, added some timing down low and pulled some fuel to help with spool off the line. Was brake boosting it and the converter locked. At that point I knew it was bad that it had locked under load.. Got out and checked the fluid, totally fried the converter. Drove home and was sure I toasted the converter. Trans still shifts fine and doesn't slip just wont lock up like it used too.

Got another converter to swap in for now until I figure out if Im going 5 speed or GM 3 speed.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Devin LeBlanc;1809615 said:
Not much of an update, Went to the track on friday. Did one run 12.3 @ 120 with a 2.2 60ft, Pulled around to the staging lanes and grabbed the laptop, added some timing down low and pulled some fuel to help with spool off the line. Was brake boosting it and the converter locked. At that point I knew it was bad that it had locked under load.. Got out and checked the fluid, totally fried the converter. Drove home and was sure I toasted the converter. Trans still shifts fine and doesn't slip just wont lock up like it used too.

Got another converter to swap in for now until I figure out if Im going 5 speed or GM 3 speed.

Thats really depressing when stuff like that happens. I'm rooting for you to go with another auto :). IMO supra's do so much more justice with an auto. I just haven't gotten the budget to convert mine. Either way i'm sure it'll be fast!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Devin LeBlanc;1809615 said:

You don't want to lose ET by joining the "stick shifter club" at the track. Transbrake all the way....

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
If you didn't see the other thread :(

p1811492_1.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Planning on getting a whole running car and just swap the motor in.

Well adjuster is coming tomorrow to look at the car so we'll see how it all pans out.

I did total everything up thats on the car right now and it comes out to 7824.45 in parts. That does not include the 100+ hours of labor I have put into it. Hopefully the insurance company can write me a fat check otherwise it wont be pretty...

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
That looks like it hurt.
My insurance was good about everything when my supra was totaled.

I believe they gave me 3/4 the value of the parts I had put into it plus the value of the car.
I bought it back for about $1000 and parted it out.

GL