The new build! Ultimate 10 second street car!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Anyways, not much of an update today. Worked on customers cars all day and got a few things ready for tomorrow.

Tomorrow I plan on Installing the drive shaft, I have to go get a few AN fittings and hose then going to route the Transmission cooler lines and hook them up. Going to drain the oil (junk oil anyways) and install a drain plug gasket.. Forgot to put one on so has a slight drip. Refill the oil and trans fluid.

I have to helicoil one of the bolt holes that holds the IACV on as it pulled the threads out. Going to re do the whole wiring harness and remove any thing that is not needed out of it, Install the new quick disconnect EV1 injector clips also and install the harness for good with new loom. Planning on cleaning up and redoing the fuel pump wiring as well. Then all thats left is to install the radiator and burp the system.

We ordered all the silicone couplers, reducers and piping today to make the intercooler piping. Got to call tomorrow and get the down pipe flange needed for my turbo along with a Wastegate flange for the new dump tube. Once that shows up its game on to get it finished up as long as the customers cars are moving smoothly and shit is still getting done.

Also we got the coil pack bracket all made up in solid works, we will be sending that to the water cutting place tomorrow so they can do a test cut and we can match it up and make sure all the measurements are good (never had one wrong though) If it fits as planned we will be getting a batch cut. We also made up a flange to bolt on to the front of the lexus AFM where the intercooler piping will be attached. Not much left....

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Not much of anything really done. I removed the throttle body and IACV along with the wiring harness as I am going to clean it up and replace a few plugs and injector clips.

I got the driveshaft installed and the trans cooler lines hooked up and filled with fluid, Also replaced the oil filter and drain bolt washer and filled with new fluid.

Intercooler piping and couplers will be here on Tuesday, I am driving to Fontana, CA right now to support one of the Evo's tuned and caged by our shop DDS Performance. We will be back on monday so ill work on a few little things to get it ready to make the exhaust and intercooler piping. Going to stop by a supplier in Cali on the way back and pick up a downpipe flange.

Things are moving smoothly, Car will be tuned and done next week for sure.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Got my downpipe flange and everything else. Should be working on the intercooler piping tomorrow and finishing it up to tune it this week for sure!

Sneak peek! :) Going to water jetting tomorrow!

p1794831_1.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Got the piping, couplers and T bolts needed to do the intercooler piping. Should be doing the piping tomorrow, I also got the harness out and tore apart to do a few things to and re loom.

p1795165_1.jpg

p1795165_2.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Turbo Habanero;1792194 said:
that kinda sucks to here i really want to go FFIM but there so pricey but i don't think ill ever break into the 9's let alone 10's

The quickest car in the US that is 7M does not use a FFIM. He was deep in the nines without.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Shawn Cassidy did 9.44 on stock intake manifold and throttle body. No need to upgrade in my eyes :)

Didn't get much of anything done today, I cleaned the power steering tank and bracket and got the lines for it. Still need to mount it. Im busy with customers stuff... sucks...

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
My brother got the cage done in a RX7 he was doing so we cleaned up and got my car over into the fabrication spot... Still haven't got to doing the piping but things are looking up for tomorrow. Got to do a clutch job on a Miata and assemble the rest of the Evo x we did valve springs, retainers and cams on tomorrow but then will be free after that.

p1795807_1.jpg

p1795807_2.jpg

Sparky33

Sep 13, 2010
NJ
Devin LeBlanc;1795469 said:
Shawn Cassidy did 9.44 on stock intake manifold and throttle body. No need to upgrade in my eyes :)

Didn't get much of anything done today, I cleaned the power steering tank and bracket and got the lines for it. Still need to mount it. Im busy with customers stuff... sucks...

he does use a stock intake but not a stock tb he has a mustang tb.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Update: Intercooler piping and intake is done. When I was working on my wiring harness I found a 1 inch section of the CPS wiring that was burned and taped over. Two wires were exposed to the shielding and shorting to ground. I think thats where the random stalling issue I was having was coming from. Anyways got to pick up some stranded 4 conductor PVC 18 awg shielded wire tomorrow to finish things up with that.

Just waiting on one coupler to show up and the AFM adaptor to be finished at water cutting.

Wiring:

p1797112_1.jpg

p1797112_2.jpg

p1797112_3.jpg

My brother Welding:

p1797112_4.jpg

p1797112_5.jpg

Piping mocked up and tacked:

p1797112_6.jpg

p1797112_7.jpg

p1797112_8.jpg

Will update as I go..