The mule car

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
Hi guys,thought i share my beat car with you

Its a 1990 Isuzu trooper that i got 3 years ago from an auction for $1300. there is no place we didnt go with this car on its small 2.0 4 cylinder carburetor engine, we explored every part of the persion gulf from dubai to kuwait, we even flipped a coastguard's toyota landcruiser pickup that was stuck in the sand.

Anyway the engine finally died and we decided to replace it. we had a 1g-gte lying around in the farm so we decided to swap it, took us around 7 days of cutting and fabricating but we managed to do it.

Video

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
Nice! Awhile ago my Dad had a 87 Trooper 2! I think it had the 2.3, I loved that car. But its only issue was POWER! Sometimes you could only go 40mph up hills... and when your going that slow on the highway it was embarrassing! It's cool to see someone put more power into one of these. Thanks for sharing!

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
It has more power then the previos engine, but at the end we were disappointed, we thought we would get a bit more kick out of it, but its still slow.

I think its because of the large diff. It has a diff the size of a tractor.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Haha, when you posted "mule" car, I thought you had something completely different in mind. I guess the word has a much more honest meaning over in your part of the world.

Where I'm from, a "mule" is a vehicle used for smuggling. :p