The mk3 Supra is called garbage by some loser...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
I came up with this link when I was googling around...
http://speedhero.wordpress.com/2010/09/06/10-reason-mk3-supras-are-garbage/

I should have ignored it but I never thought that someone could fell so low and post 10' pointless
marks/proof of what ? Trying to spam our beloved mk3 A70 Supra...
Funny thing is that for every point of view that he posted as negative points on the mk3 Supra
will be used against him and towards anyone who shares his thoughts.

I did reply to him on that forum with the following :
-----------------------------------------------------

I will reply on all 10 points of view that you've made on the best GT sports car of the 80's and the most powerfull for the year 1988' in Japan.

10)Racing? Toyota never wanted to really race the A70 model, they
just threw it in the Rallye motorsports for 3 months just for advertising their new logo 'Supra,the dynasty begins'.
For the history it did race in 3 events of World rallye championship and won 1 out of 3. Like you said in China. In the other 2 races it got the 3rd place behind the 4WD Lancias and Audi quattros. Not bad for a RWD vehicle of it's size. And quess what motor was under the hood?
A 7M-GE motor. Yes an A/N motor tuned by Toyota Motorsport Division.
So...for it's short time in Motorsports it did very well. In fact it might be a record for a RWD vehicle. I imagine you and what you could be saying about Lamborghini that never entered a Motorsport event.
Worst than garbage hehhhh?
You FAILED ON THAT. next ->

9)Steering angle? You are showing us a frozen picture from a video on youtube? LOL. Like somebody said,you only need more steering angle when you're parking the car. Or drifting... But is there a production company that makes production road cars with the main purpose 'Drifting in Drift championships?' NO.
You FAILED ON THAT also. next ->

8)Heavy? Yes it is. 3800 lbs ? No it isn't.
The heaviest edition of a A70 model is an automatic,targa,turbo model loaded with every optional equipment offered. And it will never go over 3650 lbs. But then again for a manual,non turbo,non targa,non leather interior etc. it will be around 3300 lbs.
One reason is that it is built 99% from steel and iron.A very well built stracture that will keep the passangers safe after a collision
in most cases. And is the reason that you cruise with 130mph while you're drinking coffee. This is a GT vehicle. There isn't a single High Performace GT vehicle made in this world under 3100 lbs...
You FAILED ON THAT also. next ->

7)Aftermarket Styling? This 2 words doesn't fit into a mk3 Supra,cause it's their from the factory. The mk4 A80 needs that support more...
Yes we both agree it’s a slick looking exterior!
So we are good and OK with that. We don't have to judge every body kit that a company makes for the A70 Supra. For the history,as it stands from the factory with some lowering springs and with some nice 17s or 18s wheels will take your breath away. Have you seen Ron R. car ?
Bomex rear add-ons and side skirts,and last a front lip will be nice improvement. This is what serious mk3 owners do!
So..Who cares about riced on vehicles and aftermarket F and' F body kits.
This is a serious GT vehicle not for stupid riced kids.
So you partly FAILED ON THAT also. next ->

6)Targa top? Or better Sport Roof. Yes it was optional. And yes the body does flex when is off. Also your head will get wet if it starts raining while is off. Open air driving is something that is more than a luxury option. It adds style,females love it and you got all that without having a real cabrio vehicle (like M3 E46) and it really looks like a 100% coupe GT. I know a guy that bought a targa turbo mk3 Supra
and he discovered that the roof was a targa top after a year!
And last you don't make top speed runs with the targa off smartass.
So you really FAILED ON THAT also. next ->

5)Steering Stablizer? Issue on the A70 ? You must be jokking...
The mk3 Supra had a very high tech steering system equiped with a PPS ECU (progressive power steering)which was connected with the TEMS ECU (toyota electronicaly modulated suspension) for the best steering and feeling of the vehicle on the road.
You are WAY WRONG here. TOTAL FAIL. next ->

4)Suspension Dynamics? Fucked up on the A70 Supra?
You could be risking jail time for that statement!
The mk3 Supra has one of the best high tech,independent,multi-link,double wishbone suspensions. That's Formula 1 territory my friend. Wake up!
The photo you uploaded shows a race rallye version which has nothing to do with production cars.And it shows the world that you have NEVER jacked up a mk3 A70 Supra so you can actualy see how the wheel moves.
Loser is the least I can say about you.
TOTAL FAIL - JAIL TIME here for you. next ->

3)Cock Riders? The amount of people floating around the internet praising the mk3, simply because of it’s loose relation to that of an mk4 Supra ?
The mk4 Supra is what it is because of the mk3 Supra. For the history the A70 Supra started the evolution towards performance JZ motor tech, torsen diff, 8" heavy duty diff, High performance robust transmissions,
twin turbos,ABS,Traction control,ventilation / air dams for the brakes and differential,race type suspension,etc. It all began with the mk3.
But every model is connected with it's predecessor. This is how things work with the Supra Dynasty. From the 2000GT to the A80 Supra. We are a family and we respect each other.
The same here. TOTAL FAIL. next ->

2)Talking trush about the A70's powerplants? The 1G-GTE was for the JDM market only for economical and tax reasons in Japan. Just a policy of the Toyota Motor Co.
The 7M is the best M series motor.
The 7M-GE N/A motor had 200hp and 185lbs of torque which helped the
car run 7.6 sec:0-60mph and 15.8 sec:1/4 mile. It wasn't slow,but nothing fast for the mid 80's,but it was a very respectfull time.
Next year in 1987 the 7M-GTE turbo version came up with 230hp and 265 lbs of torque doing 6.6 sec 0-60mph and 14.9 sec 1/4 mile. This was very good for that time. And you had 80% of the torque available from 1800 rpms till the redline. Road tests gave the R&D people big smiles and the best impressions!
The JZA70 with the 1JZ-GTE took it to another level. Also some 2JZ-GTE post production JZA70 models were put to the tests before the A80 model.
That's the reason you can put a 2JZ under the A70 hood with stock original parts from the Toyota dealer ;-)
Stock ? All 3 motors 7MGTE,1JZGTE,2JZGTE can handle more than 500whp though JZ series can go beyond 650whp,when they 100% healthy.
Tuned? They are record holders worldwide!
Again a big FAIL FOR U. next ->

1)Burgandy interior? It was an option smartass...Like Medium Grey, Dark Grey, Blue,and Maroon. And only for the U.S. and Canada market.
All other countries got Dark grey,Medium grey,and Blue. It was the 80's
after all LOL. Most of them are medium grey or dark grey though.
Many go with black leather or Alcandara velour.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Repost about the 15th time is my thoughts.....

Also, fix your sig bud.

''In the end there will be only one car standing.
Toyota Supra...simple the best""

Needs to say, SIMPLY. Anywho. =]

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, repost. The tool that wrote that likes clapped out corollas and doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.