The Mistress

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
etikoner;1621333 said:
Such a lovely car, Shame a lot of the nicer Mk3's are coming from Canada and they have to be exposed to snow lol.
Truth - however, I drive in the metro Vancouver area, which means snow maybe once every 4-5 years, and they rarely salt the roads because it doesn't drop below freezing any more often, either.

Sparky33;1621392 said:
nice rack, was that snow from today? i"m jealous if it is.
Thanks! No, that's an old picture, there's no snow here yet, not even up in the mountains. Hasn't even come close to freezing here.

Today I pulled apart the relay that caused me grief just so I could take a picture for all of you. Well, and I wanted to see what it looked like inside. So here's the annoyance:
P1000658.JPG

The coil still works, the solenoid clicks from one position to the other, unfortunately, the contacts no longer close, which was a bit of a problem.

Did a bunch more cleaning in the garage, too. I picked up the top portion of my rolling toolbox at the beginning of the year, and until earlier this week I'd only put anything in a single drawer. Now I've gone through and sorted most of the drawers, put in the non-slip undercoating, etc. Found some missing bits while I was at it, so I'll be shopping for a few new tools shortly. Threw together a big pile of spare parts that I'm obviously never going to need, those will head for the recycling station or dump soonish too, give me some more space to work with.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
GrimJack;1621256 said:
So, you like coolant designed for diesel cars or engines with cylinder liners? What's the advantage there? The Supra isn't diesel, and none of the Supra engines have cylinder liners, what else does this formula bring to the table?

Toyota red is an organic acid based coolant, specifically designed for bi-metal iron / aluminum engines, and offers a life expectancy of at least 5 years for the anti-corrosion additive packs. This obviously has a lot of benefits.

If the diesel formula has more advantages - other than price - I'd like to know, because I'll seriously consider switching.

it just does not pit block as much as reg coolent does the stuff you can use for both is very simuler to toyota red

alot of the guys around here run it or at lest the hybread coolent akak simuler to toyota

plus it's cheeper

just google it

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Picked up the new stereo today... no idea when I'll get it installed, it's WAY too damn cold to work on the car right now. I really want a heated garage... Anyway, on to the pics:

stereo1.JPG

stereo2.JPG

Not pictured is the 50' of 4 gauge welding cable that I like to use for power. Not that I need 50', as the battery is already in the trunk, but the stuff is cheap and it's better to have more than you need than less. :) Oh, and the sweet speaker pods from Kevin.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'm not brand loyal. I'm quality loyal. I'm technology loyal. That said, Pioneer really does know their electronics, and JBL speakers are tough to beat. I'd have bought one of their subs, too, except for the fact that I'm really not concerned with getting ground shaking bottom end - I'm not 25 years old anymore, and haven't been for quite a while.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Insulate the garage door (and walls if needed) and a space heater will heat it quite well if it's a good one. I'm partial to pioneer as well, they tend to sound "warmer" than many other brands (ESPECIALLY Sony). Though I'm very impressed with the Infinity Referance 3.5" speakers I just installed in the headrests of my mom's miata. Damn things hit hard for being so damn small.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
GrimJack;1655782 said:
I'm not brand loyal. I'm quality loyal. I'm technology loyal. That said, Pioneer really does know their electronics, and JBL speakers are tough to beat. I'd have bought one of their subs, too, except for the fact that I'm really not concerned with getting ground shaking bottom end - I'm not 25 years old anymore, and haven't been for quite a while.

meh every thing some the same as certon price level

i rock infinty kapa speakers and rock a old school kendwood exlone deck and the cd palyer part does not one day i will repace it

i like the kenwoods g meater built into the deck it's kidna neat to play with what the little unit it can do

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Also requesting more interior pics...is that a stock leather interior or an aftermarket re-covering like leatherseats.com or something similar?

I love the pattern on the bottom of the front seats.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
rodel;1655856 said:
Went through all 17 pages. Beautiful!

Would you consider posting more interior pictures?

Bleakvoid;1658598 said:
Also requesting more interior pics...is that a stock leather interior or an aftermarket re-covering like leatherseats.com or something similar?

I love the pattern on the bottom of the front seats.
I'm planning to hold off on interior shots until I'm closer to being finished. I've got new black carpet on the way, and I need to figure out how I'm actually going to run the dash soon - lots of options there.

The interior is mostly shadow grey. There is a custom black headliner, and the front seats are Recaros from something other than a Supra, (I've heard rumors they're from some VW) with the stock fabric on them still. I'm considering selling them and buying regular aftermarket Recaros that are all black. Eventually. Maybe. :)

Here's the latest bits... new rear window moulding, rubber bump stops for the hood and hatch, and side vents. Getting the new rear window moulding installed is a seriously large pain in the ass. Maybe I need a set of sailor hands instead of my weak computer hands!

P1000742.JPG

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
You just gotta know how the molding comes off. I've removed it before, very easy and requires little strength. My suggestion, use a very wide flat screwdriver to get under the molding to pop it up. Once you've got it popped it up enough, then grab it with your fingers and pull it off. It's very easy to do. Of course, if you're replacing all the molding on the window like I think you are, start by removing the bottom piece first since it's the only piece that's bolted down.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
IJ.;1668244 said:
Nice Couch Dave :runaway:
lol - it doesn't look quite that bad unless I use the flash. It's actually a mixture of blue and cream color, the purple highlights only show up under a flash. And besides, it reclines, which lets you forgive a fair bit.

honestabe;1668262 said:
You just gotta know how the molding comes off. I've removed it before, very easy and requires little strength. My suggestion, use a very wide flat screwdriver to get under the molding to pop it up. Once you've got it popped it up enough, then grab it with your fingers and pull it off. It's very easy to do. Of course, if you're replacing all the molding on the window like I think you are, start by removing the bottom piece first since it's the only piece that's bolted down.
Taking them off wasn't the problem, it was putting the new ones ON. The driver side was tough... the passenger side is ridiculous!

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
GrimJack;1668266 said:
lol - it doesn't look quite that bad unless I use the flash. It's actually a mixture of blue and cream color, the purple highlights only show up under a flash. And besides, it reclines, which lets you forgive a fair bit.

Taking them off wasn't the problem, it was putting the new ones ON. The driver side was tough... the passenger side is ridiculous!

Retrim the Mk3 I dares ya :D

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Wow, this carpet is a lot tougher to replace than I anticipated. It's kind of like trying to pin a dozen eight year old children to the ground at the same time. While covered in crude oil. On the way down an Olympic ski jump.

Anyway, it still looks a lot better, even though I'm only just reached the halfway point. Some pics of the old and ugly:

P1000743a.JPG

P1000744a.JPG

P1000747a.JPG

P1000748a.JPG

And some pictures of the new stuff. This is hard to take decent pictures of unless you know your way around a camera, which I do *NOT*. It's black carpet, the flash makes it look much lighter than it actually is.

P1000749a.JPG

P1000750a.JPG

P1000752a.JPG

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Where did you get the carpet from? I want to buy one for my blue 88 1JZ. I am going to replace the carpet when I put in the Sparco Torino seats I have with sliders. How is the fitment? I don't want to order one from the generic places since I was not sure about fitment. Thanks.