The Loudest Bypass Valve

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
i was really really wanting to know about this myself, because im thinking of getting one but dont wana fork out the dough if its all just hype

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
HKS Racing Type II is quite loud even recirculated (like mine), but it's not the fastest to react and seems to surge at lower boost pressures...

One of the companies makes one that vents 50% and recirculates 50%, but I'm unsure of it's performance...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
what about two bosch 110 bovs and hook one of them to a kazoo so its loud and stops compressor surge...?i bet youll get some looks...:crazy1:

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
i-mkiii5.JPGi-mkiii4.JPG I love my Greddy type s bov . It's loud when you run 12psi + boost , more boost = louder ,and i have no compressor surge either . Greddy type s is adjustable , if you tighten screw too mutch will cause compressor surge + less air escape = not loud . I back screw out where it should be at + i removed steel insert on accordian hose and port accordian hose to .900" dia and insert 1.00" steel tube and now i have .900" i/d this help air escape from bov to accordian hose quicker ( the quicker air escape the loulder bov get + less chance compressor surge+ turbo spool up quicker everytime you shift to different gear ). I'm running 17psi of boost on ct26 57trim .:naughty:

robitrice1921

Apr 11, 2007
MA

MKIII MA-70

JZA70 & JZA80
Mar 30, 2005
Corpus Christi,TX
dbsupra90;880697 said:
i've never seen a greddy s with compressor surge on our cars. are you sure you have it connected to the right vac port? and you may also need to adjust it.

the type s is on my mkiv i adjusted it all around and still get surge it is connected to the manifold with no t's im thinkin it could be my cams im not sure but i think im going to order a tial to fix this issue

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
ms07s;881372 said:
What about the synapse bov?

I'm using one. I'm probably the first person in the MKIII community (possibly any generation) that has used this bypass valve. I've used the stocker, HKS SSQV (the real deal), a Tial, and a synapse. The synapse is even faster actuating than the HKS was without changing anything but the BOV itself. I personally don't care for the Tial as I can't recirculated it, nor does it preven compressor surge as well as the other two do.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Datsrboi;883174 said:
^^ Running that on the scion and its pitch quiet when recirculated.
So this may not be suitable for the OP then, since he seems to want loud. I don't MIND loud, but I'd really rather have silence.

If I'm lining up against someone, the only clue that I want to give them that my car isn't just some NA poser is when they are watching my taillights recede in the distance.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
starscream5000;883951 said:
I'm using one. I'm probably the first person in the MKIII community (possibly any generation) that has used this bypass valve. I've used the stocker, HKS SSQV (the real deal), a Tial, and a synapse. The synapse is even faster actuating than the HKS was without changing anything but the BOV itself. I personally don't care for the Tial as I can't recirculated it, nor does it preven compressor surge as well as the other two do.

What flange does that bov use? Is it unique or use the same as HKS? I have been contemplating switching over to it after seeing how well it works.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
starscream5000;883951 said:

Alright, i'm bringing Subaru into this. Seems the synapse is well proved based on some research and I suppose this video speaks for itself:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ffj01k64AZI

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
it has an adapter to use the hks, greddy, or tial flange.

no, on a map sensor it does not have to be recirculated.

it does on a maf if the valve is AFTER the sensor.