The long Awaited SupraHero 1JayZ Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
theWeezL said:
Well that may be true Aaron but my calculations put him at roughly $200/hp. If I had that much money I could build a few 7M's :aigo:

But yeah, I will also go on to say that the pure bling factor alone is worth alot. While Jays 7M was a nice one...that 1J is soooo clean. Im already making plans for putting one in a 1st gen Celica.

It's actually $17.93 cents per horsepower, but that also includes painting my engine bay, new targa top, tt painted, turbo a duct, turbo a duct installed in mew bumper and painted, new gauges, pillar pod, plane ticket (well worth it), and a few miscellaneous things that I've forgot at this moment. I'm not denying that I've spent alot of money on this build, but I tend to go a little overboard sometimes. Good luck with your project............lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ. said:
Camera man has epilepsy? ;)

Seemed to take quite awhile to spool up from when it went WOT?
(Cam timing will help here)

Sounds good Jay!

When I adjusted the duty cyle, it built boost quicker, but it got real choppy in the higher rpms. I had to compromise with what is pictured here. I got torque alot faster as well, but again, it was horrible in the higher rpms. It looks laggy on the camera, but it feels really good when driving it.

I'm taking my medication for my epilepsy. Wish me the best or I'll fly over to Australia and start an epileptic plague................:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
da89soup said:
Very nice Jay and the strut bar looks great!!!!:icon_bigg

Thanks Mr. Soup. I'm loading up more videos, but they're all basically the same thing. I have one where I was in fifth gear just to see how fast it would go. I was doing 155 @ 5900 rpms. I dont know what the math shows, and I"m sure someone on here will tell me, but that's what Blake said he was at. I was filming the speedometer on the computer. My speedometer decided to quit today on the way to the dyno. I guess it's just a cable. I haven't had a chance to check into it yet.

In fourth gear at 7000, I was doing 141mph according to his dyno.............:dunno:

Here's another one.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/supraheroes/?action=view&current=SANY0025.flv

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
suprahero said:
It's actually $17.93 cents per horsepower

No Jay, I meant $ per horsepower gained :naughty:

7M = 406
1J = 446

total gain = 40HP

Cost to gain 40hp....only you know the truth! :biglaugh:

Now Im not one to talk. So far Ive spent around 3k to go from roughly 260HP to 0HP...:3d_frown: but the payoff is coming Im sure.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
7m with 406.............dont' know
1jz with 446...........$8000.00

Knowing it's going to crank and not have rod knock.............priceless.

I know I spent alot more than I should have or needed too, but I wanted to go with a single turbo, new intercooler, new radiator, new injectors, new cams, new electronics, and a few other things. I know I could have built a monster 7m for the money I spent, but I've never claimed to be a gentleman or a scholar. I wanted a 1jz, and I usually find a way to get what I want. I just had to play better poker for about two months and the nice millionaires I play cards with paid for everything. Now if it tears up tomorrow, then I'll feel pretty stupid, but right now I'm feeling good about my decission. I could definately turn up the boost and make more horsepower, but I like it where it is now. I don't need 600 hp to make me love my car. As long as I can outrun my brothers C5 corvette, my wifes car and all of our local mustangs, then I am a happy man. I know I can outrun two of the three...................:biglaugh:

Here's the one doing 155 mph. on the dyno. I don't have the guts to do it on the highway, so I thought it would be cool to do it then.
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/supraheroes/?action=view&current=SANY0029.flv

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
suprahero said:
7m with 406.............dont' know
1jz with 446...........$8000.00

Knowing it's going to crank and not have rod knock.............priceless.

dammit Jay...you are doing a good job of deflecting my jibes :stickpoke

but I wont ::dead horse:: , besides Im still debating my decision to finish my 7M. I need some seat time real bad right now. My morale is still pretty low.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
Awesome Jay. You are officially still the man.:icon_bigg
I wish my car ran that good.:nono:

The math is really hard for me to do.
It's all the money you spent, divided by a negative number when you figure it's a smaller motor? So you paid for less?
Something is fishy here.;)

BTW, Nashman is selling or trading a standalone, fyi.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Buckshot, I may have forgot to carry a one or multiplied when I should have divided, but it feels pretty good to drive.................:biglaugh:

I don't think I need a standalone, because my afr's are perfect and I dont' want to work on it for a while. I just want to drive the crap out of it and embarrass some gt's...................:evil2:

Pete, I'm not trying to dodge any punches. I must have missed something. All you have to do is ask me and I'll tell you how much and it'll be the honest truth. I'm not worried about my image or anything. I know I"ve got alot of money in my car, but I can live with it so I'll be alright. Just let me know what you want to know.................:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
theWeezL said:
let me guess...you lift against a certain white one so that you dont have to sleep in the blue one!

Hell NO!!!!!!!! I dont' lift to let anyone win................especially Vixen. She's outrun me twice fair and square, but next time we race, I'm putting a blue stripe down her car.............:evil2:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
no way man. If I had the money I would do the same thing.

In my not so subtle way and lacking the humor of both you and Ian I was trying to make the point that you already stated in your email to me.

You HAD 406hp, you spent 8-9k?, and effectively gained 40HP.
I was teasing you man.

btw the dynos sound great! I have this wierd feeling however that other than just turning up the boost there is something else that is holding that motor back. I cant put my finger on it yet...just an intuition.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Dont make me post up the video again of Vixen handing you your ass Jay!!!!:biglaugh:

Guy's it really has nothing to do with money!!! Jay is very happy with the car and he should be the car is a head turner. Life is not about getting what you want, its about wanting what you have. As long as Jay is satisfied thats all that matters, and I know he is!!! Jays car is as clean and well kept in person as it is in the pictures. Jay has really done a great job with his car and with Vixens. Weezy I know Jay/Vixen are planning to be in Texas for next year's meet so you will get to see it up close. I am planning on coming with them as well so that should be a bunch of fun.

Hands down Jays car is a super clean example of what we are all striving to do here.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
theWeezL said:
btw the dynos sound great! I have this wierd feeling however that other than just turning up the boost there is something else that is holding that motor back. I cant put my finger on it yet...just an intuition.
We were talking about Jay's cams a few pages back.

I'm putting my money on the cams.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Could your intuition be.........................half a liter...............:biglaugh:

I spent $8000.00 total and did only gain 40 horsepower, but hopefully I gained some free weekends not having to be under, beside or on top of my 7mgte.................:icon_bigg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
suprahero said:
Could your intuition be.........................half a liter...............:biglaugh:

no, seriously this time, I dont know. Bigger TB? ignition? that motor sounds like it really wants to rev. I dunno. Im sure that 440+hp feels real good on the street.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Goodjob jay, it keeps gettin better and better. I cant wait to get that mission "accomplished feeling." Now way ill get 446 w/o race gas when i get my soop in the shop, but if you come up this way, you going to have one serious race waiting for you ;). Have fun, and dont break it before you can bring it up again :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OneJoeZee said:
We were talking about Jay's cams a few pages back.

I'm putting my money on the cams.

It very well could be the cams. The engine is sooo freaking hot that when I made the 446, I was done. I never tried to go more advanced with the cam gears or anything. I still have that option though, since I have the fuel perfect. I could go back again one evening and adjust them to see if it helps any. I know, I know, I should have degreed them, but I build decks and do vinyl siding for a living. I work on my supra for fun, but I'm not a mechanic, and it just blows my mind thinking about taking my radiator back out and my hydrofan off again. I would rather adjust the cam gears and see where it gets me. I had a tball tournament tonight, so I really couldn't have stayed if I wanted too. I did adjust the intake side to -3 degrees, but it didn't seem to make a change, and when we looked at my dyno pulls from last time when I was -6 on my exhaust, and 6 degrees advance tonight, there is no difference at all on the dyno. The only reason I made more horsepower tonight was because I found a vacuum leak behind my intake and that made a world of difference in the way it boosted and my air fuel readings. I may get a wild hair up my ass and go dyno again next week and adjust the cam gears before it gets tooo freaking hot, but it is a pain in the ass trying to adjust them when it's 88 outside the dyno and your car is 661 degrees. (I checked the temperature of my turbine housing while there)