The little things that add up (simple mods, etc)

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
I've seen many threads talk about the little mods you can do to these cars but it's somewhat of a hassle to find them all. I'm talking about those small mods that eventually all add up and you start noticing a difference, like jetjock's igniter ground mod.

Anybody care to mention a few so those of us who haven't seen all the threads can at least search them? I know of jj's igniter ground, the 12v fuel pump relay, daisy chaining all the grounds, COP..... can't recall anything else but you guys get the idea.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
The o2 sensor only gets it 's ground threw the exhaust manifold. You can run a ground to the bolt. It might help you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Add up to what?

JJ's mod isn't a mod, it is more of repair. The 12v mod is for tuning around the two speed pump on high hp applications.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Maintenance. Replacing old stock parts with Good replacements and NOT being cheap on basic things. You have to have a clean stock motor before you can have a decent modded motor, IMO.

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
Nick M: "The little things that add up" is a figure of speech. JJ's "repair" often gets referred to as a "mod" in a few of the threads mentioning it, so I call it a "mod" to keep the trend. You get the idea (I hope). I'm not concerned with simple semantics.

suprarx7nut: Already done maintenance and repairs. That's not what I'm asking for.

89supracrazy: Tried searching for that but came up with nothing. Has it been discussed before or just an idea you had? I'm searching only in these forums btw.

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
89supracrazy: Tried searching for that but came up with nothing. Has it been discussed before or just an idea you had? I'm searching only in these forums btw

Not my idea just going by the print shown here. If you have a 3 wire oxygen sensor that means you are getting your ground threw the crappy exhaust manifold. If you have a 4 wire oxygen sensor, then you don't have to worry about the mod.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=48

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
I mean the little things like the ones I've already mentioned: JJ's igniter ground, the 12v fuel pump relay, daisy chaining all the grounds, COP, so on so on so on so on.

I've seen 2 different guides I believe for a short shifter, but not too intrigued by it.

To explain it in different words, I'm looking for the little tricks and tips and mods that, when all added up together, actually help the car run just somewhat better and safer and reliable, like the ones I've mentioned already.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Inygknok;1684305 said:
I mean the little things like the ones I've already mentioned: JJ's igniter ground, the 12v fuel pump relay, daisy chaining all the grounds, COP, so on so on so on so on.

I've seen 2 different guides I believe for a short shifter, but not too intrigued by it.

To explain it in different words, I'm looking for the little tricks and tips and mods that, when all added up together, actually help the car run just somewhat better and safer and reliable, like the ones I've mentioned already.

Buying a second car (a daily, like a Honda you can drive into the ground) just in case......lol

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Inygknok;1684305 said:

The best thing you can do is this.

suprarx7nut;1683203 said:
Maintenance.

The 12v mod doesn't make anything better. It is a way to tune around the switch on cars with extensive mods. Removing the switch will only make the pump wear out faster if you are not trying to tune around it. Said another way, there isn't a list of things to reengineer the car. Save for tighter head bolt torque.