The last attempt to fix tranny.

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
Well today was my 3rd time putting the transmission on the car. (yesturday was the 3rd time taking it off). Having said that I STILL am having problems.:cry:

When the car is started i cannot put it in gear. Clutch feels way too light, the transmisson does not have fluid in it btw, but that should not matter because its the clutch thats not shifting not the tranny(should it matter?)

Also When the clutch is about 1/3 in i can feel it lightly shaking than when the clutch is in all the way the shaking stops.

I bled the clutch, checked the fluid levels, i know the slave cylinder used to work and nothing bad happened to it while it was out of commission. same with master cylinder.

Help.
SupraTTurbo2JZ is online now Edit/Delete Message

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I kinda had the same problem but mine was stuck in gear I had to take apart the tranny following the TSRM , What happened with mine was the auto wrecker had the tranny stored upright and the shift fork engaged it self through gravity and I could not take it out of gear you might have to pull apart the tranny and disengage it by hand.
Its not that difficult if you follow the TSRM.

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
The tranny used to work before... and since then it was not stored in any weird way. I just hope its something with slave cylinder or something that does not require me to take the tranny off! :(

bowtiebuba

stangs hate supras
Sep 1, 2005
marion iowa
I know what your problem is I think I had the same problem also and Im on the third time of puting my tranny back in too, I know how you feel dude, ok but anyway the reson you cant go into gear is that the d tents in between the shift rails are engaged u need to get each rail to the nutruel position then put the tranny together and it should shift.

UkiSash

Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
bowtiebuba said:
I know what your problem is I think I had the same problem also and Im on the third time of puting my tranny back in too, I know how you feel dude, ok but anyway the reson you cant go into gear is that the d tents in between the shift rails are engaged u need to get each rail to the nutruel position then put the tranny together and it should shift.

How would i do this ?

EDIT: I CAN shift. I had the car up on jacks( i know not smart ) and started the car up, than i poped it into gear, it wasnt easy but it went in. I Also hear that if the clutch disk is on backwards it wont work either.

Ill add fluid tommorow and see if that changes anything if not... ill take the tranny off One last time, after that, may god help the W58.

Last edited:

Boosthpy

Nov 21, 2005
Idaho Falls
Wow. I thought I was the only one who had this problem. This will be my third time pulling it out as well. I had fixed mine by a new throw out bearing. But now it is broke again and is doing the same thing. I think it is the throw out again (put a used one in stupid me).