The "how old are you" thread

mk3713

Up for sale
Nov 29, 2005
Houston
21 Here. Wow there is a lot of people on here in their 20's.

I just noticed I have been on here 2 years and have 81 posts_____That suxs

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'm 41 on Thanksgiving. :)

Old enough to remember when the MK3 was brand new, and that I wanted one then to DRIVE IT. (Graduated out of High School in 84, so the MK2 was a new car then.... )

Heck, I remember when you could buy a cheap, run down junker 69 Camaro or Chevelle for 1500.00 and fix it up to cruise around in for 500.00 more.. :) Now they are asking 20k or more for the same POS.... LOL

The Supra was a much more refined car that handled better, but was so expensive new that as a teenager, I could not have afforded one.

I remember buying my 82 in about 90 for less than 3k, and it had just over 90k on odom. (That car was original owner, in perfect condition, and babied! Should have kept it, but hey, the MK3 had a turbo! And I've always thought the MK3 is one of the best looking cars ever produced, even today. I bought the MK3 in 95 for 6k and it had 120k on the odom, but was in perfect shape too.)

Other cars I've owned, or think look great?
73 Camaro Type LT. (Love the older round tailights and small chrome bumpers on the early 70's.)
68 Corvair. (Fuck you Ralph Nader!)
Supra's of course. (82 and current 88.)
New vette's of C6 vintage. The current Z06 is very tempting, but I think my penis is large enough I do not need that car at the moment... LOL Also I do not wear enough gold chains and pinky rings to qualify for being a Vette owner... ;) )
98 Audi A8. Best sedan I've ever owned. Wanted one since they came out, but would trade this one for a similar S8 in the same body style. (OK, so 300hp is nice, but I'd try 360hp and slightly tighter suspension and seats... :) )
90 and 94 Q45's. Both great sedans. They look fine, and are very fast compared to other cars of similar vintage. (Heck, they were rated to go 150mph, and I had the 91 that fast, or faster a few times.)
The rest were just transportation.
70 something Buick Skylark. Total POS.
70 something Opel coupe, great car, but not nearly enough power.
69 Dodge pickup truck. Ok, ugly is not even strong enough for that truck!
83 Subaru GL hatchback coupe. Went anywhere I pointed it. Great snow car, and perfect for going to college car. :)
90 something Geo Metro.. Piece of shit. (Came with my wife... LOL)
80 something Olds Gutless Cutless Wagon.. Another POS to replace the POS my wife brought into the relationship.. Punished her for years with that car, then finally sold it for the 90 Q45 :) My wife hated the Olds, and loved the Q.
Sold the 94 Q, and bought my first new car ever. A 2007 Kia Sedona! LOL Laugh all you want, but it's a great family hauler, and my wife loves it, so I'm happy I suppose.
Had a 01 Ford Tar-Ass as a company car for many years.. beat the living shit out of that car, and it still is running in the company fleet... Hate them still to this day.. LOL

Also have a 2006 Yamaha FZ-1, and used to own a 97 KTM 620RXC.... and have owned a few other bikes and quads in the past... Can not remember all of them. The Honda 250 quad was fun.. Fourtrax? Something like that.. LOL

Anyway, it's nice to know that even us older guys can still feel the need for crazy speed! (Just try twisting the throttle on a naked liter bike with some mods... :) Or hit the gas on a healthy MK3 pushing nearly 500rwhp...)