The flight that fought back

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
I just got done watching the documentary, i must say that i am not one to cry about stuff and i have to admit that i damn near cried during the whole thing.

It was so heart breaking hearing all the actual recordings that went on.

God bless all that gave up there lived to save who knows how many more lives.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
whitemk3 said:
I just got done watching the documentary, i must say that i am not one to cry about stuff and i have to admit that i damn near cried during the whole thing.

It was so heart breaking hearing all the actual recordings that went on.

God bless all that gave up there lived to save who knows how many more lives.

wasnt this one headed for the white house?

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
I'm sorry, but I haven't heard of anything about this until now. I'd guess that it's a movie about what happened on 9/11/01. I don't watch any TV, since I have no cable and there are no commercials on the cable that we have here in Japan anyway. I realize I could do a search online for this, but I'd rather discuss it here. Can somebody please fill me in as to what this is? It sounds like something interesting that I'd like to check out. Thanks.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
has anyone ever seen the documentary from 2 guys who were actually planning a docu about the fire department and ended up being at the WTC with the firemen?!?!that's probably the best and most disturbing documentary i've ever seen...

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
TopSecret said:
has anyone ever seen the documentary from 2 guys who were actually planning a docu about the fire department and ended up being at the WTC with the firemen?!?!that's probably the best and most disturbing documentary i've ever seen...

yea i saw that like last year or the year before, uhhh man the sounds that they captured still ring in my head evertytime i think of that day.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
TopSecret said:

yea, they have played that quite a bit, its very heart breaking too.

And SP 7M
This is the flight that was headed for the white house but crashed in pennsillvania(sp?), i'm pretty sure that after the hi-jackers thoguht they killed all the pilots, one of them was still alive reached up and pushed the controls to the ground. the plane went into a slanted nose dive and crashed.
there were a lot of cell phone calls from this plane. but they did fight back against the hi-jackers giving the pilot time to do this.

L

lanky189

i havent watched that movie..for the same reason i can't watch Black Hawk Down anymore... i left the theater after Black Hawk Down holding back tears...that only lasted until i got to my car...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lanky189 said:
i havent watched that movie..for the same reason i can't watch Black Hawk Down anymore... i left the theater after Black Hawk Down holding back tears...that only lasted until i got to my car...

thats like me with Saving Private Ryan.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
So is this documentary a new one that's still in theaters?

War movies have a much stronger emotional impact on me than they used to before I came into the military. I had to do all I could to keep myself crying the last time I saw "We Were Soldiers." And when I watch "Full Metal Jacket" I get goosebumps when the helicopter crewchief is shooting the people in the rice paddies (not that I condone shooting civilians), even though I think that Stanley Kubrick may have intended for everyone who watched the movie think of us in the military as baby and civilian killers.

I used to fly as a crewchief on the CH-53D and was an aerial gunner, so that clip has more significance to me than most. Our planes are fitted with .50 cals though, not that sissy shit M60. There really is nothing like the feeling of opening up a machine gun that can shoot around 800 1/2" rounds a minute.
:bigun2:

Sorry, back to the topic.

Last edited: