The Build of p5150 - 2JZGE-T, GT4294, Paint, and more stuff

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Suprapowaz!(2);1194444 said:
Sorry about the slow response. I read your question right before I was going to work and had to go. Then I completely forgot later.

Back tape the edge of the fenders and hood. When you're done spraying the clear, lift hood and remove the tape right around 30minutes after the last coat of clear. You won't have any overspray in there. I'll see if I can snap some pics of a little demonstration later this evening, or tomorrow morning.

Yeah - I did that but the problem was that the clear actually came up from underneath the car and got in the engine bay.

So I was just wondering if you had any tips on how to get off the overspray.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
p5150;1194475 said:
Yeah - I did that but the problem was that the clear actually came up from underneath the car and got in the engine bay.

So I was just wondering if you had any tips on how to get off the overspray.

Oh, I see. The only thing I can think of is using a clay bar. You don't want to try to wetsand it off cause you'll have to buff it back to a shine. Too many corners, crevices and such to do that. Other than the clay bar I wouldn't know of anything esle.

Call the paint store and ask them what they would recommend.

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Justin;1197780 said:
Phsss. What a photoshop ;)

Nice to see things are going well man. I wish I could have had a ride in it :p

Thanks man - yeah too bad you couldnt get a ride in it. Im going easy on the car right now and havent turned the boost up past 1.3kpa.

I had to do a few things here and there, and I want everything as perfect as it can be before I turn up the boost! Right now im trying to get the cruise tuned out.

So when im cruising below 3500, regardless of speed, the engine is hesitating a bit - like its missing. Anybody have suggestions for timing at these rpms? I want to run a lean AFR for better fuel economy at cruise.

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
After reading up on the AEM forum, Im going to bump up the timing and lean it out a bit while in vacuum.

Thanks Jay - I think it will look a lot better once I get the engine bay cleaned out!!