The Bitch RUNS!!!

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
As some of you may know, I've been working on my 1J Supra for the past 2.5 years. I just got word from my tuner that it's running and tuned for 14 psi. I'm going to drive it around for a week or two before I decide to go balls to the wall with it. On only 14 psi, it made 380 hp and 335 tq to the wheels. When I bring the car back for a final tune, I'm expecting just under 500 tq to the wheels but wheel see what happens. I can't go past that becouse my clutch won't support it. What do you guys think? Will I make it to 500 tq?

If you'd like to take a look at my car, I have all specs and pictures of the car in my picture gallery.

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
Bigzavs said:
congrats man, very nice numbers

what all you have for mods?

-Mk4 Supra TRD strut tower bar modified to fit my mk3 (done myself) (shortened at ends)
-Recently filled in all unused holes in engine bay and painted it black
-Relocated battery and fuse block to rear seat area
-Custom made battery holder
-1JZ Single Turbo (.70 A/R)
-Full 3'' custom and HKS exhaust
-Tubular manifold
-HKS Standard Wastegate
-GReddy Type R BOV
-Custom made Turbo to manifold adapter (turbo needed to be rotated about 30 degrees to fit)
-HKS head gasket
-ARP head studs
-3 angle valve job
-Bowl Blend
-Titan Motorsports Cam Gears
-FAL Dual Electric Fans
-PWR Radiator
-Samco radiator hoses
-Canon Overflow tank
-3" Intercooler pipes (custom)
-Aftermarket Intercooler
-Short shifter
-Braded clutch line
-TRD clutch
-Braded brake lines
-Power Slot rotors
-HKS 550cc injectors
-Aeromotive FPR
-Nissan 300zx fuel pump
-Corvette LS1 Ignition Coils
-Haltech E11 V2
-A full line of GReddy gauges
-Full black interior to include reupholstered black
-leather seats
-Black carpet kit
-Sparco shifter
-Sparco racing Harnesses
-Megan Racing Coilovers

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
congrats again and nice numbers. at only 14psi with 380hp that's pretty darn good. what brand turbo you have?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congrats on getting it running. It's going to be a blast to drive.

I don't think you'll make the 500rw torque numbers you're wanting, but I hope you prove me wrong. My car makes 452rwhp at 17psi so it seems you should be making a little more than what you're making. I don't know what kind of turbo you're running or where it is most efficient, but 500 torque is going to take alot of boost. Good luck, and make sure you video it.

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
I'm equiped to handle 25+ psi so 500 shouldn't be an issue. It's just the clutch won't hold up past 500.

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
meet07 said:
so what kind of .70 turbo are you running?? The super t70 is a t3 flanged twin scroll so im sure its not that one.

I'm not sure of the specific make of the turbo. I got it from a friend in Florida who has supplied me with many good 1j parts. It is however a t4 flange turbo.

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
SD2JZA70 said:
Ah, so its your car up at Danzio. Your car is in good hands. Chris is the only guy I trust tuning my car. Ill have to go check it out if its still out there.

That's was mine up at Danzio. They really know what they're doing there. 100% satisfied. I'm bringing it back there in a few weeks to bring it up to full potential.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
hey man glad to hear that its running again... maybe when i do, do my big single swap we'll have to go at it on the track one day.. hahaha.. j/k that wont be till like forever from now but ya... tell me how it runs when you get it to its full potiential...