The Bee*R limiter??anyone using it?

meet07

Nov 29, 2007
Wake Forest
I was curious if anyone is using it. Not sure but your able to adjust the miss fire with the revlimit. I was wondering if the limiter would overide the limiter and allow you to rev higher than factory ecu will allow.

DSC00023.JPG

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
WTF??? I've never seen anything like that. Nor have I heard of anyone here using one. All I can say is to try it out if you already own it and let everyone else know how it works out. Unless there is anyone here that has already used one, I don't think you'll get an answer.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
All that thing does is give you a 2-step. It will not raise your factory rev-limit, only lower it.

There factory ECU has no fuel or timing maps above 7200. Even if you were to somehow raise the factory rev limiter, it wouldn't know what to do with it.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Yeah i looked into that and I think they came to the conclusion that it doesn't really hurt the turbo. It may a teeny little bit but not enough to constitute people not using it.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i thought that wouldn't work on our ecu due to toyota using a crystal for timming counting, and the crystal was allread set to it's my freqency or some thing in those lines,

there was a guy moddin mr2 ecu's to raise the rev limit by changing this crystal out.

though when it seemed not to work so well on 89+ ecu's he discontinued his' services.

are you postive the stock ecu has no fuel map past 7200???

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
pimptrizkit;888930 said:
are you postive the stock ecu has no fuel map past 7200???

100%. Why would there be any maps past that point if the ECU was specifically programmed to NOT go past that point?

As for swappng out crystals, what he's doing is in effect scaling the RPM signal by adjusting the reference frequency within the ECU. It's the same sort of thing as putting say a bigger MAP sensor or a Lexus AFM on the car.

Swapping out the crystal will also scale EVERYTHING else though. Injector pulsewidths, MAP and AFM readings, etc. It is stretching the maps within the ECU out, not unlocking higher unused maps. It's not that big of a deal on a N/A motor like the 4A, but on a 3S or 1J you're asking for trouble, which is likely why he stopped doing it on 89+ MR2s.

meet07

Nov 29, 2007
Wake Forest
so what about building boost with this Bee*R??? Im assuming that its just one of those things you buy so you can show off in parking lots.....I assumed it was similar to the 2-step that comes with AEM. It builds boost.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
meet07;890174 said:
so what about building boost with this Bee*R??? Im assuming that its just one of those things you buy so you can show off in parking lots.....I assumed it was similar to the 2-step that comes with AEM. It builds boost.

annoyingrob;887918 said:
All that thing does is give you a 2-step.

Yes you will build boost. That's what a 2-step does. I can hit about 4psi on my GT40 if I have it set to 5000rpm.