the 86 & 87 supra manuals are in...

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
well.. i finally received the supra manuals today...
body and chassis for the ma70 for jan 1986
7mge 7mgte engine repair manual for aug 1987

found out they are uk manuals... but guess what else is in them which i don't think is easy to find

the pre 89 electrical wiring diagrams :D

so scanning for the wiring diagrams will start tomorrow :)
the differences i have seen straight away so far is....
uk get electric antenna pre 89
the rear foglight wiring
and headlight washers

that's all i've noticed flicking thru it so far... but at least its a pre 89 wiring diagram ;)

Last edited:

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
interesting find!

but:

suprra_girl said:
the differences i have seen straight away so far is....
uk get electric antenna pre 89
the rear foglight wiring
and headlight washers
differences compared to what...?
hasn't the electric antenna been standard anywhere in the world?
apart from the fugly rear foglights (like we have in Germany too), headlight washers and electric antenna were standard on all german MKIIIs as well as on swiss MKIIIs, so if you didn't have them down there at all, I guess it's possibly a Euro thing (i.e. not only UK) ? :dunno:

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
oh LOL

hmm k.. do you get all those options too?
i actually need this info for the c/f wings as well... do 86-92 get electric antenna? or only 89+? here only 89+ get the elec antenna
head light washer/cleaners... i wish lol.. we don't get them here
but yea rear foglights we don't get either

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
MK3's were different all over the world. Even between Canada and the US there are quite a few differences. Europe never got TEMS, they also had the rear fogs, and a lot of other stuff (adjustable headlight positioning, etc).

Nowhere outside of Europe got the rear fogs, and nowhere outside of North America got the rear side markers, and as such, the tail light wiring is different too.

In North America, all MK3's had electric antennas. In Canada, we only got TEMS up until 1990, after that we got heated seats in Turbo models, but the US never got heated seats. We also didn't get the airbag until 91, and we never had the anti-theft system (the US was the only place to get it ever).

Canada got headlight washers up until 92, but the US didn't get them after 88. Since we have LHD, a lot of the wiring will be different too, connectors, connector locations, relays, etc, etc.

Good luck though, it's a noble cause ;), but there's a TON of differences, and I don't think LHD UK wiring diagrams will help us North American guys too much. (Or other European guys either really, since outside of England, Europe is LHD).

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
well... i finally got off my arse and scanned in some of the wiring diagrams... page 1 & 2 of the diagrams are uploaded which are
Power source
Starting
EFI
Ignition
Charging
A/C, Cooler and Heater
Combination Meter
Rear Window Defogger
ECT (electronic control transmission)
Back up lights
Cruise Control
Stop Lights