Thanks for the smoked tails santa! Car fire carnage inside! UPDATE: POST #35.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
So this year I got my present from santa a little early. It was around 9:30 last night. I went off to a friends xmas eve party and was getting my drink on. Then my brother gets a phone call telling me I need to go home and check out my present from santa. My father drives me home and I see it. Santa got me smoked tail lights for christmas!! Check them out, they're super cool it fades with more smoke at the top than the bottom. These are definitely one off units. Check them out!!

jettadeath018.jpg

jettadeath012.jpg

How did you know santa?! Its just what I wanted!
Lets take a closer look at what was required to achieve this custom look...

jettadeath001.jpg

jettadeath002.jpg

Shrapnel blown 20 ft.
jettadeath003.jpg

jettadeath004.jpg

Bite marks from the jaws of life.
jettadeath005.jpg

jettadeath006.jpg

jettadeath007.jpg

jettadeath008.jpg

Really surprised this tire still holds air.
jettadeath009.jpg

jettadeath010.jpg

jettadeath011.jpg

jettadeath013.jpg

jettadeath014.jpg

jettadeath015.jpg

Melted windshield.
jettadeath016.jpg

jettadeath017.jpg

Reppin VDUB yo!

jettadeath020.jpg

My father called the fire chief who he knows. He said that it just went up, no evidence of foul play. Go figure, merry fuckin christmas!

Heres a camera pic my neighbor snapped of the blaze. Not great quality but you get the idea.
flamingjetta.png

Last edited:

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
IJ.;1477606 said:
Had to be a reason Jeff...

Yeah, I just dont know what. Only thing I can think of is the stupid cig lighter outlet in the dash and trunk are always live. I keep a tire pump in the trunk, and my family uses it sometimes. It could have been left plugged in by accident. IDK, I cant open the trunk b/c its an electric latch.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
lewis15498;1477608 said:
Yeah, I just dont know what. Only thing I can think of is the stupid cig lighter outlet in the dash and trunk are always live. I keep a tire pump in the trunk, and my family uses it sometimes. It could have been left plugged in by accident. IDK, I cant open the trunk b/c its an electric latch.

access from the rear seat?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
lewis15498;1477614 said:
Yeah but I'm not really in the mood to climb in there and try to pry off a seat latch. Broken glass ashes and water from the fire hose dont make for a great workspace.

Pay a neighbour kid to do it ;)

You're way too BIG for the job Sasquatch!

If not we need pics of the 1/4 pounder in the junior burger box!

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
IJ.;1477617 said:
Pay a neighbour kid to do it ;)

You're way too BIG for the job Sasquatch!

If not we need pics of the 1/4 pounder in the junior burger box!

LMAO Pay? I'll just agree not to eat him lol.

honestabe;1477626 said:
Looks like you just got a new car for Christmas! Question is, what kind? Sorry to hear about your luck bro. We all know cars don't spontaneously combust.

Its all good. I never really loved the car anyways, I just bought it because it was a great deal. This could be the motivation I need to get the supra back in action. Driving my plow truck with no heat is gonna get old fast.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
lewis15498;1477627 said:
LMAO Pay? I'll just agree not to eat him lol.

Its all good. I never really loved the car anyways, I just bought it because it was a great deal. This could be the motivation I need to get the supra back in action. Driving my plow truck with no heat is gonna get old fast.

Fee Fi Fo FUM.... ;)

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
lewis15498;1477627 said:
Driving my plow truck with no heat is gonna get old fast.

that car had way to much heat now you have none :aigo:

joking aside that sucks, at least you have another way of transportation even if there is no heat

Merry Christmas

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
looks to me like the rear seats were the starting point... i know vw had issues with window motor wiring... the fuel pump and tank are in that area as well. any stereo /amp in the car?

either way i dont think it started in the dash or trunk so the cig lighter prolly wasn't the cause.

sorry about the luck,happy new car to you!

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
fixitman04;1477647 said:
looks to me like the rear seats were the starting point... i know vw had issues with window motor wiring... the fuel pump and tank are in that area as well. any stereo /amp in the car?

either way I dont think it started in the dash or trunk so the cig lighter prolly wasn't the cause.

sorry about the luck,happy new car to you!

Just my head unit was in the car, my ipod was at my buddies and the speakers were stock.

I dont think it started in the trunk either but the wiring carrying power back there could have been the culprit. Wasnt aware of the window motor issues, but it does look like the most damage was at the right rear door, very likely it was a window motor issue.

Thank you for the good wishes everyone! Merry christmas!