Testing out Zankoku Coilovers...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I made a couple suspension changes and decided to go test it out since today was pretty nice. That's a rarity around here these days...

I also wanted to show off the types of back roads that are at my disposal. ;)

I apologize in advance for the color and contrast of this video. I'm trying out a new video editor.

It's a tad lengthy and boring since I couldn't really push it due to rubbing; but, any day in a Supra on open roads is a good day!

Enjoy...

[video=youtube;ZAe9ybG4kpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAe9ybG4kpA[/video]

Last edited:

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Nice. Looks a little bouncy but not to much.

I saw something else as well....was it that sunny? :biglaugh:

cat01.gif

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Is it possible to get a plug in microphone for your camera and place it somewhere inside the car? Video is great but the static of the wind, ugh. lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yes, Andy. It took me a bit to figure out what that orange glowing orb in the sky was... :)

It's a little bouncy up front. I'll raise it up a bit more and adjust the dampening rate again and see where that gets me. Know that those roads are NOT smooth in any way. They are NON-maintained county roads.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indigo: That's the nature of the beast with the GoPro. There is no external mic jack. I'd sure like to modify one; but, don't want mine to be the guinea pig. ;)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Same here.

Is that what happened...he closed shop? I never knew any details. Just all of a sudden he was no longer a site vendor...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
He stopped being a vendor because he couldn't get online, then closed the shop and sold a lot of the parts. He is going back home to live. I have his number and spoke to him a few months back on what happened.

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
yep i know the area i grew up in the nw. i used to live down there on the westbank and in chalmette but now im back home lol

CajunKenny;1796406 said:
Correct! You know the area?

You in NOLA? That's where I'm from! Man, I want a Po-Boy... :)

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
IBoughtASupra;1789608 said:
He stopped being a vendor because he couldn't get online, then closed the shop and sold a lot of the parts. He is going back home to live. I have his number and spoke to him a few months back on what happened.

ace was a jackass he fucked up a lot of peoples cars

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Greyscorpion;1796499 said:
Yep very small lol so how did she handle in the recent snow storm

Well, I'm pretty sure that as awesome as they are, they're weren't built with snow in mind. :)

She pretty much stays nestled in the garage until the roads are free of gel, salt, and rocks.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
dubsupra209;1796526 said:
ace was a jackass he fucked up a lot of peoples cars

How did he mess up people's cars? Unless you are saying he had a shop and worked on a car and messed it up. Then again, we have owners who don't understand a 20+ year old car will have another issues right as you fix one issue.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
IBoughtASupra;1796536 said:
How did he mess up people's cars? Unless you are saying he had a shop and worked on a car and messed it up. Then again, we have owners who don't understand a 20+ year old car will have another issues right as you fix one issue.

he screwed over a couple of people 1 of being a close friend and a couple other guys that don't have supras whos cars he was working on. Its on sf the guy is a real jackass thats all i got to say..

now for his coils my buddy has them and they seem fine.

i dont want to hijack thread

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
dubsupra209;1796564 said:
he screwed over a couple of people 1 of being a close friend and a couple other guys that don't have supras whos cars he was working on. Its on sf the guy is a real jackass thats all i got to say..

now for his coils my buddy has them and they seem fine.

i dont want to hijack thread

Never seen anything like that on SupraForums, just more good reviews than anything though.