Test drive and have grinding noise ?

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
I'm sorry but is your transmission fixed? I was going to say check the clutch fluid/brake fluid make sure its on the line. And also make sure the lid to is pushed up. As for the alarm that sucks lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
IBoughtASupra;1693097 said:
Theft deterrent is going bad. Not an issue, there is a write up to disable it.

What parts will you need to buy? How many more problems are remaining with the car?

Ok great. I will see if I can find the thread. Only other problem is getting that idle-up valve screwed in a little tighter, but its a royal pita with no room to move a wrench in that cramped area.

northwestsupra;1693164 said:
I'm sorry but is your transmission fixed? I was going to say check the clutch fluid/brake fluid make sure its on the line. And also make sure the lid to is pushed up. As for the alarm that sucks lol

Yes tranny and clutch are now fine

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Found what I believe to be a broken hood sensor for the theft deterrent.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
you can bypass the theft deterrent by jumping the 2 sides of the female plug together, it will think the hood is open and never arm it

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
ok I spliced the hood sensor wires together and attempted a reset by locking/unlocking the car via the passenger door, did 2 cycles and it did not reset. I then unplugged the theft deterrent harness and ground the blue wire w/orange stripe. This is also a no-go with the added bonus of headlights are now constantly on, no matter where the headlights switch is. The battery is showing low voltage...10.4 volts. Idk if this has any bearing on the issue. I am stumped.

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
Whats it doing now, not starting? put everything back to normal, unsplice the wires, unground the wire, connect the box. I always reset it via the driver door. Try resetting it with everything back to normal and see if it starts. I only jumped the female side of the hood pin and thats all it took for the anti theft to stop freaking out when I unlocked with my aftermarket alarm

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
my alarm is OEM, and that was the first thing I did. I put everything stock, and tried resetting via the driver's door, then the passenger door. I think my car is possessed.

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
I would pull the - terminal off the battery for a while and set everything back to normal and than see if it will start.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
More work on it today and finshed checking every wire, harness, and sensor. It's officially going to the dealer now because I can't figure it out.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
MKIIISupraGuy;1693811 said:
More work on it today and finshed checking every wire, harness, and sensor. It's officially going to the dealer now because I can't figure it out.

Is it just not starting? Cel light on? codes? Are the main fuses good "efi, am1 am2" just check them all. Getting fuel? Getting spark? Timing?

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I did that and got it to start. The headlights and horn are still acting retarded though. On the plus side I took it for a quick spin, and hearing that engine again makes it worth it.