Tensioner case problem

mike_01

May 7, 2016
Powys
Hi all need a bit of urgent help, doing a headgasket replacement everything is pretty much ready to put back but one thing that's got me a bit concerned is the tensioner housing case as it sits above the top of the block about 1-2 mm the headgasket goes over this part and this is also where the manual tell you to put rtv sealer, I've tried searching but not found any info, when I see pictures there all flush. There was no problem in that area as compression was 180 ish was number 6 that was the problem
The block doesn't looked skimmed as the locating pins still there, on top dead every piston sits slightly past the block
Any help would be great, to what I understand is it is fine as the gasket don't do anything there and was fine in that area when removed
Thanks

MichiganLC

Oct 30, 2015
Michigan
Someone decked the block without the rear timing case on. You need to have that machined to be flush with the block surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nosman4

Nov 10, 2007
Bend, Oregon
Are the locating dowel pins installed in the rear timing cover to engine block area? This could cause it to be off, otherwise it needs to be machined flush with the block or you will have problems later.