TEMS "fusible link problem" in MK3

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
Hi:

I searched and read about TEMS posts here. But I don't see it ever mention if there's a fuse plug for TEMS.

My situation is that the TEMS indicator light never on of the MK3 which I bought it recently. Not even ignition switch turned on. So.. I am hoping there's fuse problem. But the fact is I don't even know if there's a fuse for the TEMS system. Can anyone kindly tell me where it's locate (if any) ?

shepfly

Jul 23, 2007
Ohio
Tems is provided power from 15amp EFI fuse in engine compartment fuse box, so if your car runs, so should tems unless you have a wiring problem. Tems computer also gets a signal through the stop light switch on your brake pedal, do your stop lites work? You could have a bad ground connection, I count seven seperate ones in the manual.

gp02a

Nov 27, 2007
Chicago
thank you guys. Regarding the stop lites... after the engine is on, and I press the brake pedal, the warning light (above anti-lock brake light) came on ... will that be related? I have not idea what's that light mean.....

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
gp02a;887213 said:
thank you guys. Regarding the stop lites... after the engine is on, and I press the brake pedal, the warning light (above anti-lock brake light) came on ... will that be related? I have not idea what's that light mean.....

Is this your handbrake light? You can confirm by engaging/disengaging the handbrake. If its the handbrake light and it comes on when you brake, your brake fluid is low.

If the light is orange, and looks like a car with two lights on. Its because one of your rear light bulbs has burned out.