TEMS firm tied to Auto trans shift points

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
I was watching Top Gear videos on Youtube. When the Enzo(F60) one came up I noticed that the transmission shifts were accompanied by stiffening of the rear suspension to prevent dipping under load, keeping the car stable under hard acceleration.

So I am thinking TEMS cars have suspension that stiffens under hard braking, turning and acceleration, Would it be possible to set the controller up to where it would send only the rear shocks to firm at the shift points of the automatic transmission?

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
But would it be possible to add shifting to the things that make them go from sport to firm? Or do the Firm mod for just the back shocks and have upshifts be the trigger.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Amontgomery;1036490 said:
I was watching Top Gear videos on Youtube. When the Enzo(F60) one came up I noticed that the transmission shifts were accompanied by stiffening of the rear suspension to prevent dipping under load, keeping the car stable under hard acceleration.

So I am thinking TEMS cars have suspension that stiffens under hard braking, turning and acceleration, Would it be possible to set the controller up to where it would send only the rear shocks to firm at the shift points of the automatic transmission?

Your question was already answered. Aftermarket. But I am missing your question on the shift points. Shifting to sport, or having all lights on has no bearing on shift points. TPS does, and at WOT, all three lights will light up.

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
And it applies changes to all four shocks at the same time, provided the hardware is in operational condition? It doesn't meter to fore/aft based on acceleration(needing more to the rear), or braking(needing more to the front).

What I am talking about is a way to still keep the entire system operating as stock while adding the function of metering firmness to front or rear varying on needs. And at shift points under anything more than half throttle would be a need to have only the rear suspension to go to firm, just as braking would be a need to meter firmness primarily to the front suspension.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IJ.;1037254 said:
The mechanical system is far too slow to react to try and make it "active"

By the time it's reacted the "event" has passed.

It wasn't meant for events you describe. Mr slice and dice. :biglaugh:

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOwP02sNzyI is what he's talking about. That's Nick Mason's Enzo, if you're wondering why he keeps quoting Pink Floyd songs.

I bet it would be possible with some custom logic, since I can't imagine the TEMS reaction speed and the auto tranny shift speeds are all that different from each other. Somehow I don't think it would be all that impressive, though. :)

I've never been in an auto Supra. Do they have traction problems during shifts?

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
I definitely agree about the hardware not being able to keep up with the idea. If the TEMS couldn't do it what about an aftermarket equivalent? Say Tein EDC or equivalent.

I don't know if auto cars will have traction problems in shifts as I don't have enough power in mine, however I can see how it would as an auto stays in boost under hard acceleration when the car shifts. But this isn't the reason I was thinking about this. The reason I was thinking about it is for higher speed stability during a shift with a high powered vehicle. I am sure you have seen the rear end of an auto car dip when it engages the next gear under hard acceleration. When the back end goes down the angle of the front end comes up letting air under the nose. Not a good thing.