TEMS actuator installation

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I swapped out the tokico illumina shocks and the lowering springs in my '90 supra for the stock shocks/springs in my '91 and I simply took off the actuators off the shocks, swapped the shocks, and placed the actuators back on, meanwhile both batteries were unplugged. I came accross the instructions on how to remove and reinstall the acuators (http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FA&P=37), and I realized that I failed. The '91 was in normal mode, the '90 was in sport, and I didn't make sure that none of the actuators and adjustment knobs turned. I tried reading how to reinstall the actuators, but I can't figure out how to apply it in a way that will correct what I did. I also tried reading how to troubleshoot tems problems, got nothing out of that. Any suggestions on how to correctly reinstall the actuators?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
BlackDevilSupra;1509571 said:
Hmmm, the following page details how to reset the actuator and the rod on the shock absorber. It appears to be clear enough, so just follow along the instructions.
I didn't short the service connector though, which looks like it sets the tems at firm. It does show what sport looks like on the actuator in those pages, but what I wanted to know was how to put the shocks in sport, which I found outside of the tems section:
FA_019.gif

I reinstalled it all correctly, and I realize that I completely overthought it lol (I also know how tems works now). Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate it.