Temporary Targa Top

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Does anyone manufacture a temporary targa top for short stops? I remember back in the day I saw a collapsible one that would fold up like a sun shade for the front window, kind of like an accordion... anyone know of that type of thing?

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Justin;1730389 said:
Does anyone manufacture a temporary targa top for short stops? I remember back in the day I saw a collapsible one that would fold up like a sun shade for the front window, kind of like an accordion... anyone know of that type of thing?

pics?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, there was one. It was cloth and had magnetic strips IIRC. Wasn't made for driving or bad weather though.

I find it easier to just slap the targa back on personally.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Am I the only one struggling to understand the purpose of a temporary targa top...? I mean if you cant really drive with it on, and its not secure enough to keep the car secure in the parking lot whats the point?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
dubsupra209;1730404 said:

I saw it a very long time ago, I don't have any.

Poodles;1730411 said:
Yeah, there was one. It was cloth and had magnetic strips IIRC. Wasn't made for driving or bad weather though.

I find it easier to just slap the targa back on personally.

Any idea where you saw it? Sounds about like what I'm looking for.

Canuckrz;1730449 said:
Am I the only one struggling to understand the purpose of a temporary targa top...? I mean if you cant really drive with it on, and its not secure enough to keep the car secure in the parking lot whats the point?

It wouldn't be to drive with, just something to slap on to keep the sun out of the car and wandering fingers away. Obviously not super secure but it's a lot better than just having the top wide open in a parking lot.