Tempature GAUGE HELP PLZ!!!

MK3POWER

Oct 7, 2007
Miami, Florida, United States
jsut finished a 1j swap and my temp gauge is spiking but not over heating and i have no idea how to fix the problem aNY help would be great i already tried switching the senor from the 7m my emech told me that would do it but didnt i need to know how hot i'm running the infared temp gun that mech had kept steady around 158 degrees HELP PLZ:runaway:

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Maybe the gauge is faulty. try switching out the gauge? maybe the wiring isn't right or is broke and is barely making contact

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
hey it happened to me too just a little while ago
i tried taking out the sensor and cleaning it it helped a little bit but its still kinda up there. just buy a aftermarket one and use that....thts what i did......eventually ill buy a new sensor for it

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Sounds like you need to swap in the 7M sender.... Even with the Aristo 2JZs, there are a couple of different sensors and sometimes one works without an issue, where others end up having to replace 'em becuse they are not compatible somehow.

supradaddy0803

1JZ Beater
Jul 25, 2007
Athens,TX
I am using the 7M gauge and changed the wireing like all of the swap info sites say and mine works fine. I have even went and shot my laser temp sensor on the motor to see if the block was over the actual temp readout. But it was actually a little lower than normal operating temp. I would say check all of your connections under the dash and make sure you got them in the right place. It sounds like somthing has been wired backwards or sumthin you never know till you look into it.