TEIN SS vs. TEIN FLEX

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
supra1008;1022783 said:
It looks like I'm going to have to go with the TEIN SS. :nono:It turns out that this month, TEIN boosted their prices. Talk about boosting!! Last month I could've gotten the FLEX for $1300 shipped. Now I've looked around and the lowest I can find it for is $1700 w/o shipping.:aigo:.... Oh well... I guess it's kinda good. I won't have to put so much on my credit card. ::hang::
a guy is selling a set of Flex's for 1300+shipping.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67788

thelegendarycd

Mar 16, 2008
pa
i have a jdm car and when i bought it, someone had already put teins on it. i'm not even sure which model they are, i haven't even looked closely, but i know they're not the flex. mine are ridiculously stiff i'm wondering if they're the drift setup since the car seemed set up for drifting when i bought it. it has one of those sweet drifing hand brakes that doensn't latch when you pull it up. they're definitely too stiff for my liking though, as i'm not going to try to drift the car.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
thelegendarycd;1023974 said:
i have a jdm car and when i bought it, someone had already put teins on it. i'm not even sure which model they are, i haven't even looked closely, but i know they're not the flex. mine are ridiculously stiff i'm wondering if they're the drift setup since the car seemed set up for drifting when i bought it. it has one of those sweet drifing hand brakes that doensn't latch when you pull it up. they're definitely too stiff for my liking though, as i'm not going to try to drift the car.

I've got my money on TIEN SS's
They are nice and stiff.

JL7mgte

Mar 31, 2005
Reston, Virginia, United States
I ordered the Flex's for my car. Since I have to drive in to D.C. I needed a suspension that was firm, but would not knock my teeth out on the bad streets. Another bonus is that the Flex is compatible with the Tein EDFC. My car handles great (I have ST swaybars) and I have no problem doubling any off ramp speed limit or carving my favorite backroad. My car hadles and rides better than my brother's Z32 tt. Now if you plan on doing any competition or SCCA events I could see where there could be room for improvement.

Last edited:

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
BorHor;1023348 said:
PM me if you want me to hit you up with some coilover prices. Tein is pretty good and I was satisfied when I had them. I currently have Stance GR+ and I feel they were better then my Tein's.

I had Tein HA's which are very smiler to the Flex's

Yea I heard that before. where do you get stance coilovers from?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I got them through the shop I work at.

The only real down fall was that I couldn't get as slammed as I wanted so I am losing out on pre load right now. My low is stupid low but 99% of you on this forum would say that that height was perfect though haha. I am going to be solving the issue with adding in some helper springs when I get a chance to order them.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
GrimJack;1024009 said:
I dunno about them being the SS's, I have those and they don't ride like a go kart or anything.

Well, stiff wise for his disscription of how they feel, and the fact that they came with the car, I don't see someone letting a set of TIEN Flexs go for cheap.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
i drive on SS on full soft and the car still hops over bumps on occasion. if making a fast turn and the road is slightly uneven, a bump will cause it to hop back and forth pretty bad. i think the springs might to too stiff or it might not be 100% dialed in.

The stiffness that everyone whats is not solved with coilovers! else you get the go-cart feeling and you rattle all over the place. Swaybar's are what alow you to take a corner flater, with your liking to steering response.

Last edited: