Sep 3, 2013
il
Hello everyone! I started with this 7mgte swap but the w58 kept breaking
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL]
I found a good deal 1Jz and r154..
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL]

I started cleaning her up... polishing and painting with hi heat. the pistons were gunky which made me suspect that the vss were toasted...

For the meantime, I started mocking up the block after I made custom brackets.

Pistons appears to be OK after cleanup

Anyways, I replaced VSS with Ferrea 2jz VSS, lots of countless hours put in, made an r154 bracket, made the driveshaft work for now by adding a bracket to the center wheel bearing... refigured intercooler pipes, then had problems with huge air pocket with no water circulating, replaced water pump and thermostat. Now the end result.
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL]
Thank you for taking your time to look at my build thread. I hope this inspires everybody to not give up. I want to also thank my wife and kids for the support.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm sure it's obvious to the starter of this thread, but I wholly approve of this build. Both as a JZ owner and a former TE72 owner (hence the screen name), I love it. :)

boughart22

Sep 3, 2013
il
akito;2060897 said:
beautiful swap! How's the weight to power ratio of the ride?

I haven't really cornered or drifted it yet. But I can tell you that it feels lighter than the 7m and less lag with the twins. Im liking the twins but might soon upgrade to single.

To Te72... Thank u. I figured u would catch up soon.

boughart22

Sep 3, 2013
il
boughart22;2060921 said:
I haven't really cornered or drifted it yet. But I can tell you that it feels lighter than the 7m and less lag with the twins. Im liking the twins but might soon upgrade to single.

To Te72... Thank u. I figured u would catch up soon.

The car is now for sale. Im looking into installing a 2jz in a z3 coupe shoebox after driving/running the 1jz. I really love it! Cant wait to see how a jz would feel in a z3 coupe.