Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Tanya;1072487 said:
I made a video, but i ated it.

No put it back up!

And how do you "ated" something.....lmao:biglaugh:

But seriously it is worth showing off and at least even if they don't like the music or what ever they have to appreciate the effort that went into it!

Seth

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I liked that vid- I did get a bit dizzy with the fast pic changes, but it was still well made. I was pissed when you took it down- I reloaded my video card drivers so I could see the video(it was in negative colors for some reason), and when I got it back up and running- the vid was gone!
:aigo:
Glad to see it back up.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
It doesn't look like such crap if you play it in Windows Media PLayer. So if anyone wants it, I can email it. Just PM me.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Coming from a guy with a media arts degree who has edited and worked on lots of films let me be the first to say...Fuck anyone who doesnt appreciate your work. Something like that takes ALOT of time and effort and its obvious you didnt slap it together like most people will. I noticed the song cues you used to show certain pictures and tell a little narrative using the music. The first thing a video neophyte will do is say shit about your music choice not realizing that its not always about personal taste or what someone thinks about a band, the music is there to help tell your story, not to promote anyones taste in music.

You gotta not take it personal, even though I know thats hard when you put something of yourself into a video. Your ego gets tied up in it somewhat and its hard to seperate yourself from it. Everyone gets a bad review now and then, gotta realize not everyone has as good of taste as us ;)

P.S. I did a video to that same song from footage taken in Star Wars Galaxies with my then rare Jedi, lol.

Last edited:

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
^Thanks, that sums it up perfectly. I chose the song for numerous reasons. The obvious and for the fact I had nicknamed the car "Amy Li" way back in September when I got the car, so I can't imagine any song by any band being more fitting.

I got some new pics, kinda boring. No gas to go anywhere creative today.

p1073906_1.jpg

Like my horrible camber? lol
p1073906_2.jpg

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Either your car is straight sex, or your car is just good looking and you're an excellent photog. Either way, win.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Car has a lot of exterior blemishes, but photographs well. Plus I play with the levels/exposure in photoshop so the pics don't look like ass. Still, great condition for FREE :)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Ooo, just to update this thread, since it's been now a month since I left her.

I signed the car over to my ex on August 5th, and that very day it blew the head gasket when I shifted to 3rd gear from 4th, trying to pass some slow bat.

My ex took the head off the other day and he said 3/4" to 1" of gasket was completely gone from between #4 & 5 cylinders :aigo:

He's putting on an HKS 1.2mm MHG and ARP head studs.

So no more updates to this thread, as the car is no longer mine. I will have another someday, probably nowhere near as badass as this one was, but I won't be out of the Supra game forever that's for sure :)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Thought I should update this thread, since I didn't want anyone who found this to think the car wasn't still mine because it is. I got her back in May 2009.

Supra & 6M Build 2.0

Cross Country Roadtrip WA to FL

6MGE Dyno Tune

Now for some REAL updates.

Florida has NOT been kind to my car. The "sunshine state" has lived up to it's name and burnt the paint right off of my roof, it's nearly white now. At the same time the Gulf Coast sea breeze has destroyed much of my driver's side quarter panel, in front of and behind rear tire well. Hatch is gone in the corners. Sunroof rusting in numerous spots. Keep in mind NONE of this was there before the car left Washington!

p1958232_1.jpg

p1958232_2.jpg

p1958232_3.jpg

Nice view of the newly-noticed screw in tire :1zhelp:
p1958232_4.jpg

p1958232_5.jpg

p1958232_6.jpg

p1958232_7.jpg

p1958232_8.jpg

Also sadly I was forced to park under pine trees throughout most of my stay here and the sap damaged my already crappy paint.

p1958232_9.jpg

p1958232_10.jpg

Also newly discovered, condensation getting into my passenger's foglight.

p1958232_11.jpg

Door molding fail.
p1958232_12.jpg

On the POSITIVE side, I had my tail lights re-tinted properly this time, with clearcoat and a bunch of wetsanding thanks to the current bf, and they still look great after several months.

p1958232_13.jpg

Also I FINALLY got a carbon fiber hood, thanks to Don L and his efforts with Advan. It weighs 22lbs with a full skeleton and latch (stock is 49lbs). It doesn't fit 100% perfect (though I am told most cf hoods do not) but I love it.

p1958232_14.jpg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Advan CF hood fitment pics. I'll be getting hood pins eventually for peace of mind, considering I don't have an engine tray to help keep "lift" out of the engine bay. I'd rather not see the skin rip itself apart. For now, I stay off the highway.

p1958241_1.jpg

p1958241_2.jpg

p1958241_3.jpg

p1958241_4.jpg

p1958241_5.jpg

p1958241_6.jpg

p1958241_7.jpg

p1958241_8.jpg

p1958241_9.jpg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
So many years ago when I first got this car I realized someone took a knife to a lot of the wiring. Many things did not work. Mirrors, door locks, alarm, etc. Knowing that I had no issues tossing some of the horns out of the car since I thought they'd be dead weight.

Flash forward to 2 weeks ago, I was trying to figure out why my dome light is being a piece of crap. I go into the relay area behind drivers seat and I see a box unplugged. It's the security box. I plug it in and forget about it, still consumed by the dome light failure...

2 nights ago my bf and I go to IHOP with some friends. he has a habit of locking my car doors, which I don't usually do because people in this town steal Hondas and don't even know wtf my car is. At any rate, as we're heading out to leave he turns the key in the door and

The most terrible death wheeze of a sound and head lights pop up and there's all this flashing. He looks at me with this compltely bewildered gawk, but I was giddy. IT WORKS LOL. It probably hasn't been triggered in over a decade but it still works!
http://youtu.be/8dKlJRWk5kk

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
def. took a beating since you last owned it. you going to repaint it and restore her to it's former beauty? I always thought a blacked out mk2 with a 7m would be fun. That car needs coilovers too if it's still lowered the way it was before lol

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
RazoE;1959503 said:
Stupid stock alarms. It's a nice novelty at first, but after it goes off when a leaf hits it, it's no longer fun.

Stock alarm can only go off when you dock around with the door lock(s), not when a leaf falls on it :p

Beals;1959516 said:
def. took a beating since you last owned it. you going to repaint it and restore her to it's former beauty? I always thought a blacked out mk2 with a 7m would be fun. That car needs coilovers too if it's still lowered the way it was before lol

I'd love to restore it, especially since finding a better chassis in this state is almost impossible, I just don't have the funds. And yes, definitely wanting coilovers as I am tired of my springs' death pop every time I jack the car up and put it back down. Scares the hell out of me as it sounds like a 12g shotgun going off when it re-seats.