Tanya, I need a picture you did a while back

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
You did a p-chop of a TS style hood for the MKIII. That thread is long gone now and I was hoping that you still have it. If anyone else saved it, that would be awesome as well.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I did this a while ago...like 2 years
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I've done a few others, still looking though

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
omg peoplez remember me! lol yeah, I still have my 88 that I vowed to never get rid of...I stopped coming to various Supra forums after the Miata because I dont drive the Supra anymore.

I miss my 7M hotness...so I came back

For shits and giggles, more stuff I did 2 years ago:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I was serious (and still am) about designing a hood like this..I went out and did measurements and designed a crude reinforcement grid for it as well.

I think that the vents shouldnt be slanted though; parallel with the front/perpendicular with the sides, as that fits the stock lines better. I also thought a 1.5" cowl would be cooler than a 1", but not excessive. The red sections are for rain drainoff

Last edited:

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Looks good Tanya! :)

Orion ZyGarian said:
omg peoplez remember me! lol yeah, I still have my 88 that I vowed to never get rid of...I stopped coming to various Supra forums after the Miata because I dont drive the Supra anymore.

I miss my 7M hotness...so I came back
It's hard to forget the guy who wanted to put gull wing doors on a MKIII Supra. :icon_razz

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
swaq said:
It's hard to forget the guy who wanted to put gull wing doors on a MKIII Supra. :icon_razz

Haha yeah...if you look in the photoshop I did, you'll notice not only a CF targa that I'd like to do one day, but the line down the middle; thats where each door would split.

I still havent come to my senses and decide to scrap the idea. It'll take lots of work and just as much engineering, but I think it really will be cool; especially in close quarters parking situations to enter/exit easier and not worry about hitting something as much.