tailights out??

ill cuhz

Dec 23, 2010
Bay Area
for some reason my tailights wont turn on but all the bulbs are fine, havnt chcked if it could be a fuse or whatever but just want to know on any thoughts i should go about it. im at school so i have not checked. just wanted to post and get some feedback. any help would be nice. thanks

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Could be your tail light failure switch all the power runs thru there before it reaches the taillights. If you search I believe there's a write up on how to bypass it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Better to just find a new light failure sensor than to bypass it. Avoids hacked up wiring problems.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Is your taillight failure light illuminated?

if not...and your lights dont work...then the sensor is the problem

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
The failure switch is for people that routinely go over their cars. And if you know what your doing you only cut 4 wires and connect them together. I don't know about you guys but when mine went out I couldn't find one to save my life and if I did it was for pre 89 not post so in my case it was a better choice to bypass then spend 6 months looking for the damn part

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I would do something novel and check for power and ground. The ground screws come loose all the time. How do you know "all the bulbs are fine"?

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Backlash2032;1996550 said:
Also, the tail light failure sensor is AWESOME. I don't get why so many people delete it....

I think it really is a great idea. I don't know why more cars don't have it now. I see so many cars around here with only one or no brake lights. And not having an inspection in Alabama means that a lot of these people will never bother to fix it. With so many things required now by the government one would think that a simple taillight failure indicator would be one.

super51fan;1996580 said:
I would do something novel and check for power and ground. The ground screws come loose all the time. How do you know "all the bulbs are fine"?

I would try the ground screws as well. One of mine came a little loose and made the light act strange along with the indicator on my dash. If nothing else it is one more thing to eliminate.