Tail Light Tint

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Whats up guys i've been searching and searching the forums, google, everywhere. Is there any pre-fitted tint covers for 89+ tails? I've seen the group buys but they are all over and searched what was the group buy vendor spal shield and I can't find any information or anything to get my tail lights tinted. Is the only way to use the night shade, or is there a place that I just can't find? A point in the direction would be great and any input so I can get these bad boys done would be great.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I think some people on Egay sell some, but they might have circles cut out of them.
You can buy a spray tint and then clear coat the tails, alot of people do that as well.
I think it's call ed nightshade, by VHT.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Yeah I knew about the nightshade stuff but was hoping to not have to use it just for personal preference. I've installed the window tint type stuff on a couple buddies cars and I loved it so was hoping to find it for myself but no luck yet. I'd like to be able to leave the 3 turn signal white parts left un touched just for some extra touch and figured it may be easier to cut out from a tint but maybe masking them off and using the nightshade is the best bet. Any idea if the nightshade can be picked up anywhere locally or is it only an online thing?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

dubsupra209;1551583 said:

I use to have a pair but sold them beacause I didn't like the maroonish look they kinda gave with a red car IMO, I rather would like the full black look with the red car with the polished wheels and exhaust. Gonna do the tint or nightshade whichever it may be to all the side markers I believe and tails to have the good contrast of the black on red and then the polished wheels to match the exhaust muffler along with polished IC pipes and valve covers either the color of the car or leave them black as well, haven't decided on that yet thought.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
apexi287;1551585 said:
Yeah I knew about the nightshade stuff but was hoping to not have to use it just for personal preference. I've installed the window tint type stuff on a couple buddies cars and I loved it so was hoping to find it for myself but no luck yet. I'd like to be able to leave the 3 turn signal white parts left un touched just for some extra touch and figured it may be easier to cut out from a tint but maybe masking them off and using the nightshade is the best bet. Any idea if the nightshade can be picked up anywhere locally or is it only an online thing?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I use to have a pair but sold them beacause I didn't like the maroonish look they kinda gave with a red car IMO, I rather would like the full black look with the red car with the polished wheels and exhaust. Gonna do the tint or nightshade whichever it may be to all the side markers I believe and tails to have the good contrast of the black on red and then the polished wheels to match the exhaust muffler along with polished IC pipes and valve covers either the color of the car or leave them black as well, haven't decided on that yet thought.

yea i understand i didnt notice your sig that your cars red...mines white and my buddy has a white supra with the jdm tails and im thinking of buying them soon...

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
I think Spal Shield has the dies to cut you a set. Let me see what I can do to get their contact information for you. I think I have an old e-mail. Here are the ones me and a buddy installed last year.

Attachments

• #3..jpg
    #3..jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 22
  • #1..jpg
    #1..jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 25
  • #2..jpg
    #2..jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 33

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
bhmsupra thanks a lot man I'll give them a shit, and they look good I assume you used stuff from spal shield? What did it run you?

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
^^^^ LOL - read your post Apex. Ed will not appreciate it if you give him a shit.
Yes, I did use the Spal Shield film. It ran me $80 bucks if I remember correctly. The product is top notch IMO.
If you do use his product, make sure you have a heat gun as the film is thick. The thick is a good thing from a quality standpoint but you have to heat it a little bit in the corners to get it to work. Also, get the surface clean with the final wipe-down being hot distilled water, this will leave no residue for a proper bond. Also, wear latex gloves is another recommendation.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
bhmsupra;1551928 said:
^^^^ LOL - read your post Apex. Ed will not appreciate it if you give him a shit.
Yes, I did use the Spal Shield film. It ran me $80 bucks if I remember correctly. The product is top notch IMO.
If you do use his product, make sure you have a heat gun as the film is thick. The thick is a good thing from a quality standpoint but you have to heat it a little bit in the corners to get it to work. Also, get the surface clean with the final wipe-down being hot distilled water, this will leave no residue for a proper bond. Also, wear latex gloves is another recommendation.

Haha nice yeah he probably wouldn't like that much..ment shout but I assume you knew what I ment lol. Thanks for the input on it all and yes I do have a heat gun this is definitely gonna be the approach I take as long as I get an answer back from him, I emailed today and nothing and I feel like I tried these type of emails before with no response either, hopefully I'll get something this time if not I'll just give them a call and see what they have to say.