Tach rewire question Na-t resistor changing.

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
Just curious if there are any stories of success doing this. The problem I have is that the rewire shows the resistance of the resistors for the na and the ohms of each resistor, but the resistors in mine do not match what is in the picture here http://www.4cefed.com/tech/natachchanges.jpg

For instance #1 shows 62k says na is 62k and turbo is 130k but mine has a 160k in it.
#3 shows 510 says na is 510 and says turbo is 560 and mine is 560, (mine is turbo spec)
#4 shows 30k says na is 30k and says turbo is 15k and mine is 15k (mine is turbo spec)
#8 shows 33k says na is 33 and says turbo is 39k and mine is 39k, (mine is the turbo spec)

So anyways do you think it would be ok to swap the #1 - 160k to a 130k leave the 560 and the 15k and the 39k the way they are. Has anyone done this rewire and results?

Info is 88 na auto that is the tach im working on, the motor is a jdm 89+ (unknown exact year) auto. I did put a turbo tach in it and it worked fine but it was for a 5speed so no ect leds or O/D light. So I want to do the rewire to those work again. Let me know what you think or have experienced.

Last edited: