Tach and speedo start having problem at the same time! How is this possible?

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Hi, like my title says, the tach and speedo start having problem at the same time. They are not related each other... are they?? The problem is that my rpm is showing 2000 instead of 3000 for exemple. ANd the speedo start doing the same shit at the same time. showing 80 km/h instead of 60 when decelarating.
How could this be possible? they are not related. Speedo is mechanical with a cable no?
thats confusing me a lot.
thanks to let me know what you think about it.

Hotwheelsjr

May 22, 2011
Surprise AZ
True -- they have nothing to do with each other. Yes, the speedo is mechanical and the tach is obviously electrical. Coincidence is the only explanation.

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
Ok. i realise that the problem is with my needle. Albert put led beyond my cluster needle. this is where the problem is coming from. It look like if the needle is spinning... or something going up too fast. Yesterday i was driving on the highway with a friend following me and he said i was like 130 km/h but i was on the cruise at 120. Rpm also doesnt match with my apexi neo. sometime it does , sometimes it read correct I just dont know how to fix it. Any idea?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Hotwheelsjr;1834776 said:
True -- they have nothing to do with each other. Yes, the speedo is mechanical and the tach is obviously electrical. Coincidence is the only explanation.

Unless he was in for an oil change, then the shop did it, because that just doens't happen. *short rant over*

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
supraguy@aol;1840731 said:
You may have a bad resistor in the tach.
Relatively easy to test and replace.

Both the speed and rpm have the same problem after the needle mod. I dont think a bad resistor would affect the speed no?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Are you saying your tach and speedo are off constantly after a needle modification or intermittently? If its the first one, well, the answer is pretty obvious. If its the second, I don't know how a mechanical speedo can intermittently be out of calibration

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2