T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^^ya i was thinking this as well. Stock elbow would be very very bad with this turbo.

...still waiting on those pics...hint hint black :)

Black

Sep 29, 2009
Karlstejn
OK first sorry for my english ;)
Radial and axial clearances looks fine...

I cant show you photos on engine because it is in workshop so I take only a parts of exhaust....

It fits without any problem absolutly same as original CT26:

57890370.jpg

59081446.jpg

This weld look really awful:

30148698.jpg

Down side of turbo. This is oil drain:

59525807.jpg

Original oil feed and drain dont fit (holes for bolts are in wrong place):

13590259.jpg

Upper side, CT26 have water feed and drain on this place but this turbo have here an oil feed:

28029252.jpg

Turbo come with restrictor almost same as Garrett using on ball bearing turbos but this is journal bearing.. dont know why:

84115244.jpg

This is what turbo came with:

35340120.jpg

Restrictor:

47206800.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Poodles;1423796 said:
I think it's funny that they show it with a stock elbow... Because of the design of the exhaust housing and the stock elbow, it's going to hinder the wastegate flow possibly causing dangerous boost spikes. Testing would have to be conducted, but keep it in mind!

Big mouth elbow/DP or a DDP with the divider cut off (and the gasket that will match the shape, like the ones that come with the chinaman DDP's) would be ideal.

Also, it's a oil only and the stock feed and drain will NOT work.

Ninja edit: OK, now I'm worrying, I see zero evidence that any balancing was done...

Black

Sep 29, 2009
Karlstejn
Poodles;1424454 said:

Ninja edit: OK, now I'm worrying, I see zero evidence that any balancing was done...

What evidence of balancing you want? On first photo you can see black line on compressor wheel, nut and center stick (dont know how to call it in english :-D ) so yes, I believe it is balanced but it is from china so who knows :icon_razz

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Poodles;1424454 said:

According to the site its "computer balanced" and if it was out of balance it would break in a matter of days probabaly in which case there is a 90day warranty given it doesnt get to you engine if that happens.

RogueSteel;1424545 said:
Bolt on my ass:3d_frown:

The oil supply and drain have been well discussed in this thread, it should not be a surprise. The fact they have a turbo like this with a bolt on housing with a larger turbine wheel on top of it for the price is amazing. Thats why there is so much interest....Don't complain over a oil feed/drain setup, you can easily find a kit for this "issue". If this turbo does somehow manage to prove itself, it will really take off for what it has to offer compared to other options out there that retail 3x as much for the same thing....

Not to stomp on their (companies that produce Boss and such) toes since they simply didn't copy but hey...at this point these things have to be expected in todays copy-cat market.

********PS, Black thank you very much for the pictures. Keep us updated. A word of advice, if you get a chance, take it to a trusted turbo builder and have them check it out for you. Maybe even check the balance if they can for not that much $$. Don't know what's incorporated with that but it will give you ease of mind and give us some info as to the quality.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
IwantMKIII;1424558 said:
A word of advice, if you get a chance, take it to a trusted turbo builder and have them check it out for you. Maybe even check the balance if they can for not that much $$. Don't know what's incorporated with that but it will give you ease of mind and give us some info as to the quality.

That's a great idea, if possible. I'd love to see what they have to say about it.

And Black, Iwant's right, you're the man for doing this for us, and we appreciate it.

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
+1 nice pictures :)

can you please take a more direct picture to show us how the oil return line flange matches up to the bolt holes, im sure it can be drilled to suit.

can you measure the outlet of the compressor housing? and the inducer size as well, the stock ct26 inducer is not 3" its slightly smaller.

i ordered one 2 days ago, its currently being shipped.

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
This is much like the HKS Sport Turbo that I have that was just rebuilt. I got it very cheap AND got a smoking deal on the rebuild and i'm still into it for $800+.

If this turbo works well, it will BLOW up on the forum (no pun intended).

Edit: And black, you're the man.

Black

Sep 29, 2009
Karlstejn
Balance check.... yes this is good idea I should try it.

New holes for oil return flange... No there is not enough material. Will make photo tomorrow...

I dont have measuring tool here so outlet and inducer size will be here tomorrow ;)

For those unbelievers... Guys I dont believe to this think too :evil2: but someone have to try it ;) and price is really interesting. There is high possibility I will use GT35R after this die in first thousand miles... Yes I know it.

Now it take me about 3weeks to complete engine... Maybe more I have really lots of work in my company now :icon_evil Maybe Paradox send first experience from real duty ;)

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Just go out to Ebay again and get a oil feed + drain kit. Doesn't have to be the best, but it'll be better than trying to re-use the stock lines. You will need an adapter to go from the block feed to -4an, though.
oil line kit
Something like that might do well, just get an adapter for the oil feed. Plus you can re-use the lines for any future t3/t4 turbo you bolt on!