T61 Bolt on Turbo by Cx Racing

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
well my cars at the dyno tuners now, dyno operator reckons he'll get some good numbers out of it but will be tuned on the conservitive side. should have a number tommorrow and the car back on friday as he wants to do some cold start tuning/ highway tuning (nice factor stuff)

soon as i have a figure ill post it up :)

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
like i requested months ago....video video video! :)

No crappy phone videos either :p Videos or no videos though, shoot us some numbers as soon as you know!

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
well i'm at work, so wont be able to video the dyno, i don't own a video camera so ill have to get a mate to film..

the tuner looked over my setup, seemed to like it. He has faith in the turbo.. were tuning it for the "safe" limit of the setup which is 20psi tuning on 100RON fuel but he is going to retard the timing 3-4deg in case i cant get it and need to use 98RON which is pretty much the norm here in Aus.

I've put 3500km on the turbo and 5000km on the motor so far, both showing no signs of failing, (no smoke, no noises no shaft play etc etc)

i've got no set power figure in my head, I just want as much out of it as i can without the car being tuned within a inch of its life.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^well get your buddy on it or else! Cause if you don't i won't be able to do anything about it, and just be sad and disappointed like many others may or may not be lol.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
paradox616;1553679 said:
cars having ignition issues, sorry folks no power runs today, need to fix it and get it back down there again.

ouch. GL. Does that mean you have to setup another appointment or you can go back tomorrow?

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
ok guys, there is a bit of good news,

Found the issue! my alternator decided to pack it in on the way to the tuners! and my vac lines were retarded (vac leak!)

now fixed the vac lines, he did the base tune and one power run!

8psi (7.8) boost 209rwkw (284rwhp) @ 5300rpm, power was not even starting to drop off @ 5300rpm!
im really happy with the result @ 8psi.

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT, just a mid tune power run but its showing promise! Afr's are 11.5:1 and SFA timing too!
Yellow results are my car, Green results is a comparison against a 1G-GTE in similar specs

Cars booked in for 2 weeks time to have the tune finished once i fix the alternator.

p1553748_1.jpg

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Well to give you a base i've had 260RWHP at 7.7 PSI (due to a big boost leak) with a stock CT-26 so hopefully those numbers will jump significantly with higher boost

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
IwantMKIII;1554032 said:
Well to give you a base i've had 260RWHP at 7.7 PSI (due to a big boost leak) with a stock CT-26 so hopefully those numbers will jump significantly with higher boost

What mods were included with that 8psi on that stock turbo? Just curious.

Paradox - Can't wait to see if the numbers improve once you move more into this turbo's efficiency range.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
pretty much any supporting mod you can get for the CT lol. Ie 2.5" IC, walbro, AFPR, SAFCII, 550's, lex, Full 3" exhaust etc etc. That was on a fresh engine and head too

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
this run stopped @ 5300rpm. power was still shooting up! so i doubt 260rwhp is what it had in it at this level, the tuner didn't get to finish before the alternator died %100 so its not really tuned past 5000rpm...

i think one other thing to note is this is a Dynapac (bolts to hubs) , not a roller dyno. from what i hear they typically read lower than roller dyno's

this is at 11:1 AFR on closer inspection of the graphs and running around 10deg timing on a base tune!
what's been done? i listed everything previously, main power adders are 3" turbo back exhaust, turbo, FMIC and standalone ECU

This turbo's peak efficiency island should be somewhere round 18-22psi from my calculations.

There is one way to find out how much power it will make at full boost :)

Last edited:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^im sure it will perform well at higher boost. Funny bc my engine broke up right around 5300 rpm too because of a big boost leak. Tuner couldn't tune it so i just left and learned to tune myself after i figured out what the problem was.