T4 Manifold Clearance Issues....suggestions needed

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
Hello Fellow supra owners,

I am currently in the process of finishing up my 88 supra build. the Turbo i have (COMP GT43 74/79 .96 A/R) and the T4 Manifold i bought from Supra sport are having some clearance issues even with the 1/2 inch thick flange. As you can see by the photos below the 3rd runner on the manifold is touching the housing of the turbo.

Trying to avoid going full custom manifold is there a pre-made manifold out there still for sale that will work? I have no experience with welding either so modifying the current one is out of the question. I know the raptor racing was recommended but is no longer being made so that one is out of the question as well

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated with the issue

ThunderZTA

Twitch
Apr 17, 2012
Texas
sounds good to me, none of the vendors on here seem to carry the 3/4 inch flange do you have a place you know of that has one for sale?

you for the help and the welcome here.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
ThunderZTA;1855037 said:
sounds good to me, none of the vendors on here seem to carry the 3/4 inch flange do you have a place you know of that has one for sale?

you for the help and the welcome here.

Go to a local machine shop and ask them to cut it out real quick. Shouldn't take long at all to make one. I'd say it'll take longer to find the material in the shop than to cut it out.