symptoms of crank walk on 1jz???

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
The 1JZ head on the 3.0 block, known as a 1.5JZ becomes a restriction at 600-700HP. Above those levels, the 2JZ head really has an advantage.

I am a firm believer that an equal power 1JZ will own a 2JZ anyday. 600HP 1JZ > 600HP 2JZ because of it's higher revving capability.

Oni

Aug 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Mk3tattoos >> i read your first post stating that your girlfriend pushed in the clutch for you to see if you CWed but i want to know whether the car was turned on or off when she was doing so. Does the car need to be running in order to see that movement?

Also the 1jz with stock clutch that aaron at DM was talking about was me. I had just fmic and upgraded ypipes with full exhaust. No bypass, 800rpm idle, but i rode the clutch at stop lights, and low oil from rear main seal being busted. Had the engine for 3 years. Also i push started my car for 2 months before i started noticing symptoms. Starter was bad and i was broke.

Sooo if you can answer my first question and also if someone csn verify whether push starting your car can contribute, that would be great information.

~Adrian M.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
^ I would venture to say most of what you said could contribute to crank walk or at least increased wear.

IBoughtASupra;1707898 said:
The 1JZ head on the 3.0 block, known as a 1.5JZ becomes a restriction at 600-700HP. Above those levels, the 2JZ head really has an advantage.

I am a firm believer that an equal power 1JZ will own a 2JZ anyday. 600HP 1JZ > 600HP 2JZ because of it's higher revving capability.

In theory it would flow near the same as a stock 2J head (friend just did 940rwhp non-ported 2J head with 280s) so long as it's ported etc.. but yeah, it's definitely easier/better to go 2J from the start if that's what you're after.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Oni;1712975 said:
Mk3tattoos >> i read your first post stating that your girlfriend pushed in the clutch for you to see if you CWed but i want to know whether the car was turned on or off when she was doing so. Does the car need to be running in order to see that movement?

Also the 1jz with stock clutch that aaron at DM was talking about was me. I had just fmic and upgraded ypipes with full exhaust. No bypass, 800rpm idle, but i rode the clutch at stop lights, and low oil from rear main seal being busted. Had the engine for 3 years. Also i push started my car for 2 months before i started noticing symptoms. Starter was bad and i was broke.

Sooo if you can answer my first question and also if someone csn verify whether push starting your car can contribute, that would be great information.

~Adrian M.

Yes the car was running when the wife was pushing in the clutch, it was not alot of movement, but I did see it move a tiny bit.
Thanks for chiming in!

Oni

Aug 19, 2005
Los Angeles
I wonder if it will be effective checking while the car is turned off... kind hard to see while the clutch fan is moving =\

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I'm currently doing the oil pump on mine now. It's on the stand. I checked all the bearing clearances. How do you check the thrust clearance?