Switch spring rates on Megans ?

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Ive been humming around on my meagans for three months now and I thought I would get used to how stiff they were on the street, but to me they are Very stiff.

I intend to autocross the car (but havent yet) and Im sure these will be fine there. But I do ride her to work pretty regular.

I have played with the damper settings a bit and dont really feel and changes in the damping. It just feels stiff OR stiff !

My Question : Has anyone ever tried reducing the spring rates (install different springs) on the meagans ? I know that the dampers are normally matched to the springs, but I was thinking of reducing the rates by 200 lbs. front and rear.

Currently I have the 18kg(front) 14kg(rear) or 1012 and 787 respectively.

I found this info but it wasnt available(that I know of ) when I bought mine.

https://www.speedforsale.com/suprap...-p-111.html?osCsid=cr68o8g55iemv14u192cih1j37

JZ_killa_t68

Fartknocker
Jun 19, 2005
Sin City

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm about to do the same thing, but only in the rear. I'm going to try and go with a 10k rear and stick with the 18 up front. My main problem with the car is it tends to oversteer a bit to easily, not that the ride is too harsh. So I'm going to try just bumping down the rear and it should help both!

Jon