Swine Flu Story

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
OK, so if you have tried to get a hold of me for the past week I know you haven't had any luck, why you ask? I was on vacation in Cancun
Now every one told me I should cancel our vacation because the Swine flu (which I will refer to as pig cold) on here from now on. I am NOT a doom and gloomer so I do not listen to the BS news and will not adhere to there advise....if they say hurricane I grab sun screen kinda thing.

So we stayed at the Cancun Palace this year, completely rebuilt from the hurricanes a couple years ago. We tend to goto Cancun about every year and always a Palace resort, if you get the chance they are ALL unbelievable!
I like to talk to staff and get the real ideas of whats happening anywhere we go. I found it really interesting that the "News" claimed all the cases on pig cold that have happened and reported in Cancun and the Reviera Maya haven't actually happened. The tourist trade is almost 100% of the economy in Cancun and the resort was at about 15% occupancy. The resorts have also laid off at least 30% of the staff due to the low numbers.
What does this mean in my OPINION? Well Obomination happens to want nationalized health care and what better way to increase the support than to say your going to die from a cold that is less dangerous than being spontanously electricuted by my laptop right now. I made a point to eat everything and drink everything. I did all the things your told not to do like brush my teeth and use the tap water to clean my brush and rinse my mouth. I happen to be the ONLY one in the group of six that did this and I was the only one that felt undefeatable. Could be the increase of rum and coke but I think we are warned to pushed into being a count the days until you die society instead of enjoy life.
I took many tours like I do every year, one bit of information I found out about is the Mayan culture. The average life age is about 90 years old, they drink the water, and only really work for a couple of reasons. Reason #1 send their kids throw school and #2 by a TV. They drink but do not really worry about the outside world and live longer than us.

In conclusion:
Sorry for the long post
VISIT Mexico right now if you want to experience the BEST service that you could possibly get

I will post up some pics in a bit but if you have a chance for Mexico now DO NOT worry about the pig cold or any of the hype. The people are there, they are willing to bargain more than usual to get the sale and the place is fun as hell

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
The only catch was the American Airlines. Of coarse our layover was in Miami and they had rain which I guess they can't fly in

Supposed to get in at 10...got in at 1am

The first plane they couldn't get the 2nd engine running so they put us on a different plane which the had "slight electrical" issues...no lights, intercome or entertainment...only took an hour to kinda get the lights working

I am NOT a good flyer so these issues we about ten trillion times worse for me...luckliy I had RUM

Viva La Cancun

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
I almost forgot:

My brother in law, traveled with us has bad allergies. So Our layover on the way out was in Chicago. We are waiting to board and have about an hour so we are just sitting in the holding area. My BIL have a sneezing fit so I of coarse tell everyone he has a slight case of N1H1. Funny to me but apparently the pig cold is a national priority now and the airport security informed me that saying N1H1 was the same as saying bomb on an airplane. What a fucking joke, they finished discussing the consequences with me to the side so when they were walking away I asked them is Swine flu and pig cold not accepptable also? Lucky me we had a second "chat" and if I wanted to make it to Cancun I will shut up. I pussed out and shut up...they sure showed me. I thought it was funny that they do not have badge numbers, I was thinking about ordering some same badges online and doing the same but I won't because I am too busy selling parts and actually working to care to much about the Obamastopo wants

I have a feeling I will be receiving a letter from them in the future or be probed since they did take down my passport number...whats life without a little fun huh

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
I know my "out in public" filter left the second my foot stepped on the plane here. I might have to send the Chicago security a thank you card for setting my straight. My I will fart in an envelope and send it out...
I have another year before vacation again...I can probably get out of any trouble by than.

Here is my pic I sent out to everyone who told me not to goto Cancun
DSC03657.JPG

Cost me $10 and a size to small but worth it
And for you who don't know what I look like...now you do

And yes GO TWINS!!!...I predict we will win by 50 runs in a game this year

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I got a day off work because I was exposed...

Fake coughing when I got back was worth all the time they made me waste.

a guy I work with just came back and said the exact same thing. Said he did twice as much as they wanted and spent less than they took with them.