Sweet!!!

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
I got accepted to University of Northwestern Ohio Today. Its similar to UTI but 1 million times better. Im excited. Heres the website:

http://www.unoh.edu/

Im taking the automotive technician/high preformance class. Its 114 weeks. And I end it as a master mechanic. All for 27,940.00 bucks.

Any thoughts??

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
I don't have any direct experience with the school but from what I've seen/heard it seems nice. So you're moving to Ohio from Florida? You'll enjoy the winters we have ;) Maybe we'll see each other at a meet. In any case, good luck!

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
arknotts;1507738 said:
I don't have any direct experience with the school but from what I've seen/heard it seems nice. So you're moving to Ohio from Florida? You'll enjoy the winters we have ;) Maybe we'll see each other at a meet. In any case, good luck!

Yep, Ill be moving in august. Ill be there for 2 yrs, so Im hoping to go to quite a few meets. Ive heard there are a ton of drag strips there, any truth to this??

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
airhead04;1507744 said:
Yep, Ill be moving in august. Ill be there for 2 yrs, so Im hoping to go to quite a few meets. Ive heard there are a ton of drag strips there, any truth to this??

Summit raceway in Norwalk is a nice strip from what I hear (one of the best). Other than that I don't know as I'm not a big drag racing fan. I'm more of a road course guy (I hope to track one of my cars at Nelson Ledges one of these summers :) )

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
airhead04;1507773 said:
Road course meaning auto cross type of racing??? Thats what Im into is auto cross, drag racing is just for shits and grins.

I'm into autocrossing as well, but by road course I meant road racing. I wouldn't mind trying any of those though.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I graduated from there... they have some really good instructors - but I can't say too much for the school itself. It has definitely been growing though since I have last been there - so things could have changed dramatically. All I know to tell you is that I really hope that racing is what you REALLY want to do with your life. I graduated with degrees in Alt. Fuels and Automotive... and I work on... printers. It pays 4x as much, it is 10x cleaner, and has about 100x better work environment... and I get to work on cars as a HOBBY - not a necessity.

Did they make you take any form of test to get accepted? I think that was the biggest problem with that entire college when I was there. I had met people that didn't know how to use a ratchet (I am not being sarcastic) at that college, and there was another kid there that I actually talked into changing out the winter air in his tires for summer air.... I hope that you can fill in the blanks about the kind of people you are going to meet at that college....

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lol, cant even work a rachet???

Racing is what I really want to do in life. So I am going to do my best that I can. And its not even for just racing, I am going to learn so I can build a rock solid foundation in my automotive career. Whether I go to do racing, or I go work at a dealership.

I didnt take any test, but they do offer testing for scholarships. Thanks for the heads up though. :)

Thank you to everyone for wishing me the best. I really appreciate it.