Swaping the 1jz in a 240?

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Ive been thinking besides gutting my supra for the track and only getting it down to about 3000lbs, Should i just look foward to getting a 240sx and doing a swap? their about 2800lbs or so and should be a pretty good foundation for a new build. im really interested in what you guys think and for the people who have already done this to chime in.

I know i will need to have motor mounts, driveshaft, harness, and front sump oil pan, and what will i need to do anything for the transmission?

Thanks, Marcus

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
I'm working on a 1jz 240sx right now. For transmission, you will need flywheel and clutch, and custom clutch line(tech 2 motorsports). Then of course you need intercooler setup, radiator (KA24 Radiator will work from what I hear)
Depending on what you get with the engine you might need MAP, and TPS sensors. The engine I got did not come with either.
And for wiring harness, the easy way to go is to get a plug and play harness. But I have heard some bad things about them from people about them being cheap quality. So I'm planning on doing the wiring myself.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Oh i forgot to mention the intercooler and piping but thats a given. Ive already got the 1jz in my supra, just looking to go faster and i can do that by being lighter.

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Oh well you got it easy then, you should have just about everything. You will probably just need driveshaft, clutch line, engine mounts and some other misc things I think.

Dude I seriously considered selling my Supra not too long ago and going 1J in an S13. Turned out to be quite expensive and I decided to keep the perfectly good running Supra but it's a great chassis/engine combo. It's a really simple swap and the little 1J performs very well in a lighter car like the S13. Do it!!!!!

kamikazemkiii;1567816 said:
Thanks Marco, any of your friends have a shell their looking to get rid of? any of them been weighed?

I have a friend who's selling a very clean S13 hatch base model with a stock KA. A semi-stripped S13 can be 2500 lbs EASY, especially a base model. It's got a spotless interior with uncracked dash, S14 seats for extra comfy, and hasn't been screwed with engine wise yet so it'll be a clean swap candidate.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
dasalvykidd;1568013 said:
put a 7m in the 240 lol
jkjk

Andy (ARZ or Arizona Performance) has a 7m swapped 240 that would scare most people. I still haven't forgotten that ride... 1971 240z, weighs nothing, 7m powered, ~480rwhp, it was fun to say the least. :D