Swap Thread (Yea, I know, another) 2JZ in MA70

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Alright guys, Ive been reading what I can on the 2JZ swap into an MA70 chassis, and Im getting confused with what you need! I know the Aristo 2JZ is different from the mk4 2JZ, and from what I understand, the Aristos sump is in the back, and the mk4 is in the front? Maybe thats reversed, but the point of this thread is for someone to help me out, and tell me the BARE minimum for a successful swap into an (88) MA70 with

a) 2JZ from Aristo
b) 2JZ from Supra

From what I understand (atleast think I do), with the 89+ crossmember will fit either engine, but the pre-89's crossmember wont? So would the 89+ crossmember be a direct swap into the pre-88 and be able to fit either engine (with the other mods of course)?:1zhelp:

Anyways, I hope I can finally get what I need straight with the help from all of you Supra Enthusiasts out there. Thank you!:icon_bigg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
oil pan you for right aristo rear supra front. as for crossmembers.. you can get engine mounts from BIC that will allow you to put a JZ while still keeping the same crossmember.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
the aristo 2jz has a rear sump oil pan so you will need to buy a 2jz front sump. i believe the pre 89 crossmember can be modified to fit the 2jz

mabru

part-time
Apr 5, 2007
Okinawa JP
Thank you, I was about to try to clear this up. There are only two chassis that use the JZ that use rear sump. 30 Soarer and 70 Supra. I have multiple JZ motors at home and I needed a rear sump but wouldn't you know it, one motor from an Aristo and one from a 90 Chaser.