Swap Is Running!!

andrew19

Jul 18, 2005
columbia
Well everyone its been 6months i know that sounds rediculous but i finally got this sucker running..a list of what has been done follows:

1jz with auto purchased from jarco *has 90k miles on it kinda high
edeadv3 (paint on sound deadening) applied
Brand New Black Carpet
New heater core *PITA
All new calipers & pads
2 targa's destroyed in less than 10miles *i am in idiot
New Radiator

Soon to be installed trev's ypipe and dp

Also for future reference i DID NOT EXTEND MY HARNESS i drilled a whole thru the firewall to the side of the gas pedal and ran the harness above the heater core box....i did have to extend my body plug wiring and i am still dealing with an issue with the tach not working...but all you have to do is extend the body plugs and flip the ecu around so it will plug in...below are pictures of how to do this...i thank rob and chris from chaos for helping me with this trick....i plan on soon making a web site to show how to do the fusebox wiring the way hams did it to help out all the noobs...anyways thanks and if anyone out their has a turbo gauge cluster i am in need of one...

Wiring comming thru firewall
View1
Wiring comming over heater core
Overview

Pictures of Car
Edead applied
pict2
Engine Shot *engine bay is so dirty :(
I left the lights on :(

Last edited:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
your car is looking great. How wesy was that brush on sound deadener and where did you get it from. I used B-Quiet from floor to roof and just finished installing all of it last night. There is over 150sq. ft of it in the car. Anyways I was thinking about using the same stuff you used before I put down the sheets of B-Quiet.

andrew19

Jul 18, 2005
columbia
below is the link for the liquid sound deadner i used..it was 45 for a gallon off of ebay..it was not hard to apply just used foam paint brushes and painted it on....i put it on pretty thick so it took about 2 days in 50 degree weather to dry...i covered all of the front and still had about 20% of the gallon left over...i plan on covering the inside of the doors with edeadv1se or something..

http://www.edesignaudio.com/category.php?type=damp

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Very nifty.
Got any pics from the engine bay side of where the hole was cut?
Got any picture of the ECU mounted and connected?
Is there much slack where the connectors plug into the ECU, or is it tight?
How much did the body wires need to be extended?

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
Niiiice, good idea with that sound deader. Trev's ypipe and dp is going to be a bit of a pain to install. keep us posted with more pics :bigthumb:

andrew19

Jul 18, 2005
columbia
sorry i dont have any pictures of wheir the harness came thru but honestly in hindsight...i wish i would have just extended the harness....extending the harness just leads to a cleaner install and extending the harness is something that almost anyone can do...just do it one wire at a time...in a couple days here i will post up some new picts

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
andrew19 said:
Well everyone its been 6months i know that sounds rediculous but i finally got this sucker running..a list of what has been done follows:

1jz with auto purchased from jarco *has 90k miles on it kinda high
edeadv3 (paint on sound deadening) applied
Brand New Black Carpet
New heater core *PITA
All new calipers & pads
2 targa's destroyed in less than 10miles *i am in idiot
New Radiator

Soon to be installed trev's ypipe and dp

Also for future reference i DID NOT EXTEND MY HARNESS i drilled a whole thru the firewall to the side of the gas pedal and ran the harness above the heater core box....i did have to extend my body plug wiring and i am still dealing with an issue with the tach not working...but all you have to do is extend the body plugs and flip the ecu around so it will plug in...below are pictures of how to do this...i thank rob and chris from chaos for helping me with this trick....i plan on soon making a web site to show how to do the fusebox wiring the way hams did it to help out all the noobs...anyways thanks and if anyone out their has a turbo gauge cluster i am in need of one...

Wiring comming thru firewall
View1
Wiring comming over heater core
Overview

Pictures of Car
Edead applied
pict2
Engine Shot *engine bay is so dirty :(
I left the lights on :(

hey man, i've got that tach issue also. how do you hardwire the tach? b/c i got the tach from the clip and wired everything up correctly but the only thing that doesn't work out of the swap is the tach and its starting to really bug me

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
ah my twin. andrew nice to see its running for you, glad i could help.

He routed the wiring the same way i did it on mine. and i still think its the best way to do it. Although its been done for years by a local shop here in St Louis.

I havent heard from you in awhile Andrew so im assuming all is well? I hope i can see this thing in person at the STL Supra meet.

cya